outwell montana 6 tent size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste T.

Guru
Hi folks
Does anyone have a montana 6 tent with the added enclosed front awning. I wanted to know if you had any trouble finding a site that takes it without charging the earth? ( For 2 pitches) I am cosidering getting one , but noticed that it is just over 8m long with the awning attatched and many sites set the size limit at 8m including the guy ropes. Are they hard and fast with the rules or is it just a rough guide. It is a very popular tent, so others must have come across this problem. I've been to some campers forums but they are so quiet it would take a week to get a response, they make this place look like Picadilly Circus.
If you're not a camper I'm sorry to have bored you. Theres 60 seconds of your life you'll never get back :biggrin:

BearPear

Veteran
Hi Ste,

I can't answer your question myself, but I can point you to ukcampsite.co.uk where the forum will have the answer for you. I know that the maximum size of tents has been debated on there practically annually! It is a very friendly forum (much as this one is!) and you will get an answer, or do a search in the archive.

Fingers crossed for some dry camping weather for you!

OP
OP
Ste T.

Ste T.

Guru
Thanks for that BP . I've just been to look. Excellent site for all things canvasy. And it's mad busy. This place makes it lo ok like Picadilly Circus :biggrin:

Dilbert

Camping and Caravan Club standard Pitch size is 5m by 9M, and I think this applies to their certificated sites as well which gives a fair range.   Most sites we have used are not too bothered about length, width is the main issue due to the fire regs.  The Monty is a very popular tent and I can't recall going to a site in the last 2 years and not seeing at least one Monty, usually with a front extension.  Post a question on UK campsite and you will find out if anyones had any problems, we have had loads of good advice off there.  We have just bought a Monty 6 front extension for our Bear Lake as they don't do a specific one for it, and we love it  as it provides loads more space. 

Top Bottom