Oven tray cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Is there any natural cleaning agents for cleaning burnt oven trays etc. Something kind to the surfaces . Our oven has its pyro cleaning options which are great but can’t clean everything that goes inside with that.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
In all seriousness have you considered degreaser? I use this in a number of situations with success. I always buy a citrus based degreaser.

A strong solution of sugar soap may work. I don't know if this is chemical based or not.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A strong solution of sugar soap may work. I don't know if this is chemical based or not.
Everything is chemical-based, including ‘natural’ materials.

Sugar soap is a generic name with no specific formula, although it is commonly an alkaline material such as sodium carbonate or hydroxide with an abrasive and likely a surfactant, diluted in water.

straas

Matt
I put mine in the dishwasher on the intense cycle.

It seems to have formed a sort of semi sticky glaze on the trays that I can't remove now....

So- don't do this!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Everything is chemical-based, including ‘natural’ materials.

Sugar soap is a generic name with no specific formula, although it is commonly an alkaline material such as sodium carbonate or hydroxide with an abrasive and likely a surfactant, diluted in water.

Yes of course everything is chemical based. I think we both know when the OP spoke of a "natural" cleaning he was expressing a preference for a product which is non-solvent based i.e. he doesn't want something which is a man-made chemical.

I'm the same I'd prefer to use a natural cleaning agent where possible. For example I like citrus based degreasers, I use vinegar for various aspects of household cleaning.

Hence my remark on sugar soap.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cif Orange cleaner is good for grease, maybe a bit less caustic than oven cleaners
https://www.cifclean.co.uk/products/catalog/cif-power-&-shine-kitchen-spray-700-ml.html
this looks to be the current incarnation
https://www.cifclean.co.uk/products/catalog/cif-nature's-recipe-kitchen-spray-750ml.html
or fairy liquid and elbow grease?

Last edited:
Top Bottom