Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
AZ #2 yesterday at 11 weeks after #1.
After #1 I was 'off colour' for about a day and a half, then I was suddenly fine!
This time just a little tired.
Relative freedom beckons sometime soon.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
2nd AZ vaccine this afternoon, very smooth process , I took the time to particually thank a volunteer. Being paid for the job is one thing, doing it all for free, many thousands of them, is another. Well done them.
AZ #2 yesterday at 11 weeks after #1.
After #1 I was 'off colour' for about a day and a half, then I was suddenly fine!
This time just a little tired.
Relative freedom beckons sometime soon.
Day after 2nd vaccine, I feel fine. 1st one I felt pretty dreadful but not this time.
I do feel tired but I think that's very very little sleep last night, OA flared up terribly, no way I could find a position to sleep in, deep pains in my hips, too many painkillers.
Hips better as the day has gone on....but it's been a waste of a day really trying to rest.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
The rationale for not elevating various employment categories to a higher priority in the vaccination programme is based on data which show that, take primary school teachers, the risk of infection is minimally or no more than the risk in their local community generally, and that the IFR is best related to age (no UHC). Bus drivers, taxi drivers, security guards et al are far more vulnerable to infection compared with their peers.
Then consider the male v female risk differential and the BAME v white one as well. There's a general vaccine thread in the NACA sub-forum where such discussion can go beyond 'general chat'.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ups-for-covid-19-vaccination-30-december-2020
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.22.20109892v2

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The rationale for not elevating various employment categories to a higher priority in the vaccination programme is based on data which show that, take primary school teachers, the risk of infection is minimally or no more than the risk in their local community generally, and that the IFR is best related to age (no UHC). Bus drivers, taxi drivers, security guards et al are far more vulnerable to infection compared with their peers.
Then consider the male v female risk differential and the BAME v white one as well. There's a general vaccine thread in the NACA sub-forum where such discussion can go beyond 'general chat'.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ups-for-covid-19-vaccination-30-december-2020
Ajax, while the Government can produce all the statistics to prove whatever it likes, the hassle and disruption that coping with Covid infections in schools has caused, and continues to cause every day, means that children's education is being severely compromised every day. Primary teachers have to send whole classes home if they have one infected person in contact- if that person has had contact throughout the school the whole place shuts down. Many teachers are also vulnerable due to age and pre-existing conditions, so it would have made prefect sense to have vaccinated all school staff, which would have allowed them to teach more freely and to have put educating the children on a more 'normal' footing at the start of the vaccination programme. I suppose better late than never...

Julia9054

Guru
There is data to show that the risk of infection for school staff is between 1.5x and 7x greater than the general public depending on role but that the risk of death or severe disease is no greater than the population as a whole.
This is due to the severe consequences of covid being linked strongly to poverty and deprivation and not just to exposure.
The government could have gone with public facing occupations (not just teachers) as their rationale for rolling out the vaccination programme after groups 1 - 9 but went with age due to ease and speed of administering.

dodgy

35 years and above will be able to book their jab from tomorrow.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Ok, had a text asking me to bring my second jab forward. Seems impossible to do this on the app without cancelling my current date first? Anyone managed to successfully amend their booking?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ok, had a text asking me to bring my second jab forward. Seems impossible to do this on the app without cancelling my current date first? Anyone managed to successfully amend their booking?

That's the worry. Not tried it, so will wait. When I first booked, I did both dates, but then realised the second wasn't convenient. Spoke to the helpline and they said you'd have to cancel both, then re-book, so best to wait until you've had the first jab, then cancel and re-book the second. My worry is you cancel, then your second date is even later !

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That's the worry. Not tried it, so will wait. When I first booked, I did both dates, but then realised the second wasn't convenient. Spoke to the helpline and they said you'd have to cancel both, then re-book, so best to wait until you've had the first jab, then cancel and re-book the second. My worry is you cancel, then your second date is even later !
I cancelled my June appt and was offered a huge choice of new dates up to 3 weeks earlier.

The website is hugely busy and now operates a queuing system which I'd not seen before.
The queue time isn't as bad as the estimates suggest.
But don't delay when choosing your vaccination site, as the timeout is VERY aggressive and you'll end up back in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom