Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

What's the latest info on <18s? Any intention to offer the vaccine to them?

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What's the latest info on <18s? Any intention to offer the vaccine to them?

The vaccines need to undergo trials in children first. I believe the trials are happening at the moment. Children often have different dosing requirements and reactions compared to adults.

Is the vaccine safe (in children)?
Is the vaccine effective (in children)?
What is an appropriate dosing regime for a child?
What are the different side effects children might see?

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Pfizer have done an under 18 trial (down to 12) The USA FDA approved Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to be given to kids ages 12 to 15 on an emergency use basis on 10 May 2021.

potsy

Rambler
2nd jab done this morning, almost exactly 9 weeks since my 1st, AZ one.

All done very efficiently just like the 1st, in and out in 10 minutes, around 30-40 people there in the queue.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Four days on and no side effects other than high intensity exercise felt blunted on day two. Wife has her second jab tomorrow. We have them on several days apart so that at least one of us should feel okay at any time.

Last edited:

dodgy

Me and wife had our 2nd AZ shots on Wednesday. The first jab gave us no side effects at all, for the 2nd I got mild shivers when I went to bed at about 2230 (jab at 0930) which stopped after about 10 minutes and a paracetamol. Mrs D had no side effects again.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Bring forward your second jab (from 12 weeks to 8):
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-book-second-dose-b1866083.html
A younger friend can vouch for this. It's a risk, because you have to cancel to see new appts, but she went for it and just moved her 2nd jab forward by four weeks.
Is there a risk? I've not heard of anyone being unable to bring a jab forward, so unless there are documented examples, I think you're wrong to suggest a risk.

When I cancelled my 2nd appt, I was immediately offered number alternate appts including next day (approx 3 weeks early), plus there was an enormous choice of local GP practices, pharmacies and vaccination centres; or I could supply a different postcode if I wanted to be jabbed near work (for example). No worries at all.

Reactions: mjr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom