Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had mine Wednesday, feel like I have been injected with tap water!! No symptoms, no sore arm just absolutely nothing...and then all I read on the internet is post jab symptoms show your body is working well, so whats that mean for those of us with no symptoms? (actually, looked that up as well, as there is no data to show that if you have no symptoms you are not as protected as those who do have symptoms).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Had mine Wednesday, feel like I have been injected with tap water!! No symptoms, no sore arm just absolutely nothing...and then all I read on the internet is post jab symptoms show your body is working well, so whats that mean for those of us with no symptoms? (actually, looked that up as well, as there is no data to show that if you have no symptoms you are not as protected as those who do have symptoms).
Same for me.

I wonder if many of those of us with no reaction to the jab had unknowingly had mild or asymptomatic Covid-19, in which case our bodies didn't need to react to the vaccine?

I'm sure that some smart people somewhere will be checking the data for that.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Same for me.

I wonder if many of those of us with no reaction to the jab had unknowingly had mild or asymptomatic Covid-19, in which case our bodies didn't need to react to the vaccine?

I'm sure that some smart people somewhere will be checking the data for that.
From what I have heard, it is looking like you are more likely to have side effects if you have already had covid due to your immune response to the vaccine being stronger and more rapid

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Both my partner and myself had Covid back in December.
We both had our first jab. Me on Tuesday, her week before. She had no effects apart from a slight sore arm. All I had was a sore arm and a slight headache. Apart from that, no other symptoms.

Genau

It's was last Friday for me so I suppose I am not tempting fate by saying that was my experience too. Absolutely nothing.

The jab itself was all very swift and efficient. I barely stopped moving from the moment I entered the building to walking out - just a few seconds waiting for the person before to me leave the room and I obviously kept still whilst the nice lady stuck the needle in. Even that was barely noticeable - a slight scratch feeling at most.

I was done and walking away a good few minutes before my appointment time.

Julia9054

Guru
Why would I need a jab if I have had Covid?
More is known about the level of immunity conferred after vaccination. With infection, it will depend on a host of factors including viral load. You may be immune, partially immune or - rarely - not immune at all. They are not sure yet about the length of time someone is immune for, but it is very likely that it would be longer with vaccination than with infection

GilesM

Legendary Member
I had my first jab last week, and as that day I also dug a small trench for a power cable in my garden with a pickaxe, and drunk too much wine I cannot tell you if the aching limbs and slight headache were due to the vaccine or not, but definitely felt fine the following day. I wish I could now test it by sitting in a nice pub for a few hours.

dodgy

Apparently you can now book vaccine if you’re 45+. Site hasn’t updated and still says 50+ but it will work.

macp

Guru
Had my jab about three weeks ago on a Friday. On Saturday I was buzzing and on a high. Then for the next two or three days after I felt very tired with a bit of a sore arm.

Ajax Bay

Guru
40s will be getting the call quite soon (and thousands 'non-JCVI Gps 1-9' will have had a call from their surgery or a letter already). Link (above) still at the '45' criterion but worth revisiting ?daily? Supply slated to increase next week and the programme is ahead of the curve on second doses (so doses available as first jabs will increase).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom