over-compensating pedestrians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Lord of the Teapot said:
A few years ago some youg chap in a stolen car thought it would be a good idea to 'ram-Raid' a high class clothes shop in Leicester...
High class? Leicester? You sure?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
xx(
isn't that going to be a danger for cyclists even in the day?
Or is that in an area where only waterski people are allowed.

Nah, it was down at Rother Valley. We're not talking about cables like gear cables. They're proper, thick, load bearing cables. The cycle track passes well on the outside of where they anchor. Easily visible in daylight/dusk

bonj2

gambatte said:
Nah, it was down at Rother Valley. We're not talking about cables like gear cables. They're proper, thick, load bearing cables. The cycle track passes well on the outside of where they anchor. Easily visible in daylight/dusk

ah right, so this goon was well too near the lake then, not to mention breaking the law anyway, as apparently all off road motorbiking is illegal in rotherham isn't it?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
breaking the law anyway, as apparently all off road motorbiking is illegal in rotherham isn't it?

Think the situations the same as everywhere else. But they're not allowed in the park. (you regularly hear them in the woods next to it)

Beats me. What really gets me is parents who allow their kids to get bikes/mini motos without thinking "where can they use these?"

bonj2

gambatte said:
Think the situations the same as everywhere else. But they're not allowed in the park. (you regularly hear them in the woods next to it)

Beats me. What really gets me is parents who allow their kids to get bikes/mini motos without thinking "where can they use these?"

hmm... :tongue:
Don't ride there much nowadays - but if you ever ride down the bit of TPT just south of and parallel to the parkway going past manor park you can always hear 'em down there. Sound like wasps on crack :sad: xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
summerdays said:
No reins are a nightmare... been there, done that... and just imagine the hazard they become to other people who don't always see the reins which are now a trip/strangulation wire, or the kid runs circles around the lamp-post etc:biggrin:.

I often change gear when I'm coming up behind pedestrians, or slow cyclists, - the cyclist knows what that sound is, and the pedestrian looks around to see what it is. Obviously it doesn't work if they have things in their ears or lots of noise around.

Nah, you're thinking of those twirly cable lead things that attach to the child's wrist. I mean proper old fashioned reins that allow not more than a couple of feet of separation.

Changing gear is good - I also sometimes very slightly squeeze the brake levers and then let them flick off, that makes a clicking noise in the same way. Or of course, I ring my bell.

bonj2

yeah, i remember my mum used to have some of those when we were little. I'm not sure I can remember her ever putting them on me though. Why do kids never get put in them nowadays? Would stop them running riot like they do. xx(
In fact it would be a tremendously good idea if they had a kid-chaining-up place in supermarkets. They have one for bikes and dogs, why not kids?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
yeah, i remember my mum used to have some of those when we were little. I'm not sure I can remember her ever putting them on me though. Why do kids never get put in them nowadays? Would stop them running riot like they do. xx(
In fact it would be a tremendously good idea if they had a kid-chaining-up place in supermarkets. They have one for bikes and dogs, why not kids?

Next you'll be getting into the "Why do we have wide parent spaces next to the doors, why do they get priority at supermarkets?"

:tongue::biggrin:

(generally not bothered about being next to the doors, its just the extra width for getting car seats sorted)

bonj2

gambatte said:
Next you'll be getting into the "Why do we have wide parent spaces next to the doors, why do they get priority at supermarkets?"

:sad::biggrin:

(generally not bothered about being next to the doors, its just the extra width for getting car seats sorted)

At my local tescos at 10pm at night they're strangely always full...
Who goes shopping wi' t' bairns at 10pm at night? xx( :tongue:

Top Bottom