Over shoes work out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
jonny jeez said:
Ok, so I'm totally knackered.

Just been to the local LBS and invested in overshoes as my toes are starting to feel the cold of late (a new sensation for me)

So, what's the secret? I spent about 15 minutes wrestling with just one, worked up a massive sweat and was actually out of breath by the time I got it on.

I cant spend 30 minutes each day putting my overshoes on, my commute is only an hour!!

......Is there a special technique for getting these on, or am I really that unfit?
ha ha, I had the same trouble this morning getting my new ones on(shimano) after work I wasn't so gentle and they went on quite quick.
size xl for 46 feet.
really good though,warm and dry after 20 mins of rain.

bad boy

Über Member
jonny jeez said:
They do fit perfectly...once on.... but MAN are they tough to get into.

I was advised as much by the chap in the LBS so went for some rear entry with easy zipper access (trying not to think about how wrong that sounds)

Phew...not just me then.

I guess practice will make perfect....maybe I could just sleep in them to save time in the morning!:biggrin:

Hi Jonny

Sorry if this sounds stupid but did you buy the right size i.e. a size bigger than your shoe size or so ?.

Ive got the same ones and they are ok find they do let the water in though.

joggingbob

For the Endura MTB500 what size would you recommend - I have size 10 feet, i.e. choose size Large or Xlarge (if I need to go up a size larger than normal)?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have the endura road overshoe ( as well as a gore one as well) Both v.easy to put on.

I sit down, put my shoes on, put my overshoe just in front of my shoe, slot it on, and give it a small pull to get it right the way over. a little adjustment needed to get the cleats in the right position. takes all of 2-3 mins to put both on.

totallyfixed

Veteran
Here's another idea to chuck into the melting pot, I have big feet and also have the endura xl. I put the overshoe on first, ie push it up to my ankle, then road shoe, then roll overshoe back down and over road shoe.
Very pleased I'm not following my own instructions confused0065.gif

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
bad boy said:
Hi Jonny

Sorry if this sounds stupid but did you buy the right size i.e. a size bigger than your shoe size or so ?.

Ive got the same ones and they are ok find they do let the water in though.

Hi, not a daft question at all......I picked up the Xl which was a size larger than my regular (I'm an 11 and these go to a size 12). Playing around last night I found the "roll" technique was very good and have got my fitting time down to about 30 seconds a shoe!! (if only my riding had improved so much!)

Interesting about water ingress tho...when you say they let water in, do you mean "totally" or just a dribble. I don't mind wet feet, its the cold that gets to me (especially my toes that end up cramping if they get too cold).

BUT, it they literally soak up the water then I will want to take them back as this will be totally counterproductive.

What's your opinion do they "hold off water ingress" at all or are they totally pathetic?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I don't actually ever take mine right off. They get fitted in the Autumn and come off in the Spring :bravo:

shoe.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
jonny jeez said:
Hi, not a daft question at all......I picked up the Xl which was a size larger than my regular (I'm an 11 and these go to a size 12). Playing around last night I found the "roll" technique was very good and have got my fitting time down to about 30 seconds a shoe!! (if only my riding had improved so much!)

Interesting about water ingress tho...when you say they let water in, do you mean "totally" or just a dribble. I don't mind wet feet, its the cold that gets to me (especially my toes that end up cramping if they get too cold).

BUT, it they literally soak up the water then I will want to take them back as this will be totally counterproductive.

What's your opinion do they "hold off water ingress" at all or are they totally pathetic?

I've had mine a couple of weeks and haven't had a huge downpour to try them out in yet, but I have been caught in ther rain a couple of times and so far nothing has seeped into the overshoe.
I've also been through a couple of large puddles, which send a tidlewave over my foot, still dry (I wear road shoes though so no holes in the sole around the cleat)

My feet sometimes get wet, but that's from the sweat from my feet, they are very warm and I'm still wearing my summer socks with them.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have the full waterproof endura overshoe, and it only keeps the water out if you wear water proof trousers over the top. The water will find a way in at the top!!

bad boy

Über Member
jonny jeez said:

Hi Jonny

I really like them as overshoes find them easy to get on and off and really good quality. I dont think they are the best if your after a totally water proof over shoe and have used them in some bad weather recently, my shoes were damp on the outside visibly wet in places where it soaked through but my feet were dry and thats the main thing I suppose.

They are certainly better than not wearing any at all thats for sure, im pleased with them.

zacklaws

Guru
About the funniest thing I've read for ages. But I symphatise for you because when I first got mine, they were a nightmare to put on, but now there as simple as can be, about 10 seconds a shoe. All I do is put my shoe in as far as it will go up to the toe, pull the underneath over the cleat, pull the top up a bit, pull the bottom over the heel, pull the top up and zip up.

potsy

Rambler
totallyfixed said:
Here's another idea to chuck into the melting pot, I have big feet and also have the endura xl. I put the overshoe on first, ie push it up to my ankle, then road shoe, then roll overshoe back down and over road shoe.
Very pleased I'm not following my own instructions confused0065.gif
What a great tip,tried it this morning sorted in no time.
Am so glad JJ started this thread as I was too embarassed to ask this question:blush:

joggingbob

Endura MTB500 - Waterproof?

Help. I have just bought a pair of Endura MTB500 overshoes, (stating "Waterproof" on the label. I have used them 4 times and the last journey, (yesterday evening), cycled home in heavy rain and a lot of standing water. Although they were better than not wearing overshoes I was disappointed that my socks were wet to the point I could just about wring out of the socks some of the rainwater. On an earlier journey through light rain and wet roads but little standing water they were fine. I bought them on Monday after another soaking and wanted some protection. So should I expect more from these overshoes? Are they faulty?

I would expect some water to find their way in from the top of the shoe and from the bottom through the cleat holes etc but didn't expect it to be that much.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Anyone around here ride flat pedals and, if so, what overshoes work for this?

Top Bottom