Over shoes work out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joggingbob

That has also crossed my mind but would like to know if the performance I have experienced of these overshoes is typical if not will try and get them swapped out for another pair first.

redjedi

Über Member
I've used the Endura Road overshoes in a couple of downpours recently. During the Friday night ride it lasted for about 4 hours.
Both times my feet did get soaking wet, but they were kept warm for most of the time.

During showers and short down pours they kept my feet almost completely dry.

I'm not sure any overshoe will keep your feet totally dry, you would probably need some waterproof shoes.

As long as they keep the wind of my feet, which should keep them warm, I'm happy.

I bought some but because I bought the right size they wouldn't go on. I bought a larger pair & they were a bit better. I think you should always go up a size. Lately I don't bother with them. As I have toe clips I have some ankle length sheepskin boots which keep my feet lovely and warm. I was thinking of making some spats this year like my Mum used to make years ago.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
joggingbob said:
Help. I have just bought a pair of Endura MTB500 overshoes, (stating "Waterproof" on the label. I have used them 4 times and the last journey, (yesterday evening), cycled home in heavy rain and a lot of standing water. Although they were better than not wearing overshoes I was disappointed that my socks were wet to the point I could just about wring out of the socks some of the rainwater. On an earlier journey through light rain and wet roads but little standing water they were fine. I bought them on Monday after another soaking and wanted some protection. So should I expect more from these overshoes? Are they faulty?

I would expect some water to find their way in from the top of the shoe and from the bottom through the cleat holes etc but didn't expect it to be that much.

This issue you will have with any overshoe in any downpoor. All that water is coming in from the ankle and the only way to stop it is to wear a pair of waterproof trousers!

I have had a pair of these now for about 6 weeks. They do keep my feet warm and dry.

However the stitching around the bottom is starting to come adrift, does anybody else have the same problem?

joggingbob

Thank for your replies, perhaps I am asking too much by the label "Waterproof" but given it is "only" a 50 min commute had hoped for better. I have exchanged them for another pair of Endura MTB500 overshoes and will see if they are the same.
I have got size L for my size 10 feet and they are a tight fit but thought that is better than too loose.
In fairness the number of times I get completely soaked on a commute is low but wanted to avoid the commuting ritual of wringing out my socks and hoping for my socks and shoes to dry before I travel back home.
I have thought about overtrousers to help but then thought it would be a boil in the bag type pair and I would be just as uncomfortable.
Anyhow although very wet they were warmer and my feet were more comfortable then with no overshoes. Thanks again.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
BigSteev said:

Ok, just ordered a pair...thanks Steve

MajorMantra

Does anyone know how different the MTB500s are to the road ones size-wise? Are they just taller to accommodate the knobbly sole of the MTB shoes? I already have the road ones but I'm thinking of getting MTB500s so I can ride the bikes that have SPDs in the cold as well.

Matthew

Top Bottom