Overshoe advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Have you though about those Northwave or Shimano goretex winter boots?

I have thought about boots but the cost seems prohibitive for how much I'd use them. Yeah, yeah I know, it depends how much I value dry feet!! :rolleyes:
:tongue:

potsy

Rambler
I managed to pick up a pair for about £90 (in the summer). Wore then for the 1st time last week and pretty much worn them every day since. Possibly one of the best things I have bought for cycling.
I've worn mine practically all year!! :ohmy:

Martin, take note :whistle:
For martin.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Interesting. The design is virtually identical to my Endura overshoes, which are as waterproof as a damp sponge. I guess they use better materials.

It has a PU outer, so the water runs off. black'n'yellow has them as well. If it's absolutely hissing it down, I use overtrousers that stop the rain entering from the top of the overshoe.

I really don't understand this bizarre obsession that some seem to have with 'waterproofing'. You WILL get wet if you ride in the rain - either via water getting in, or through condensation caused by having your feet and other body parts encased in non-breathable material. The important thing is not to get cold.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I really don't understand this bizarre obsession that everyone seems to have with 'waterproofing'. You WILL get wet if you ride in the rain - either via water getting in, or through condensation caused by having your feet and other body parts encased in non-breathable material. The important thing is not to get cold.

My priority is not sodden shoes on the commute - damp, yep, but as soon as you get them wet regularly (like the last 2 weeks) then your shoes are going to stink.

U

User482

I really don't understand this bizarre obsession that some seem to have with 'waterproofing'. You WILL get wet if you ride in the rain - either via water getting in, or through condensation caused by having your feet and other body parts encased in non-breathable material. The important thing is not to get cold.

My feet always get cold when they're wet.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
current pair, obtained as part of an On-One bundle, look like they are on schedule to last about a month.... they work well though.

my altura nightvision ones are going strong, I retaped the seams with duck tape, but aren't anywhere near as cosy.

EDIT a mate has an old MT500 endura pair on which he has glued soles, with appropriate cut outs so he can walk in them. Another mate says the Rose ones are very good.

Top Bottom