Overshoes + Carrier Bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
As a wearer of some Grip Grab overshoes, which seem to do the job of keeping the water out for at least some of my commute, I spotted a cyclist who was wearing overshoes, but had underneath an additional improvised layer of a Sainsbury's (left) and Tesco (right) underneath the overshoe.

I thought that was quite a neat solution - the heal and some of the cleat area had an extra layer.

Is this something anyone on the forums does?

Just wondering.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Certainly not. My name is not Jeremy Corbyn.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've used the small clear bags for frut/veg etc or freezer bags over my socks and inside my shoes as an emergency option to keep tootsies warm. It works pretty well in cold or rain but eventually the sock will transmit water down to your toes, but the extra insulation helps keep warm. 2 freezer bags weigh nothing and are worthwhile carrying in your kit.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've used the small clear bags for frut/veg etc or freezer bags over my socks and inside my shoes as an emergency option to keep tootsies warm. It works pretty well in cold or rain but eventually the sock will transmit water down to your toes, but the extra insulation helps keep warm. 2 freezer bags weigh nothing and are worthwhile carrying in your kit.
+1
I carry 3 in my commuter bag , third one will go under the helmet in a downpour , a bit of a sweaty head or a drenched head..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I do have some aldi commuter overshoes which are made of a anorak like material, not fashionable but they do fold down smaller than full overshoes and are as good as any more expensive ones i have tried, ok for bunging in the panniers .

Top Bottom