Overshoes...my new best friend!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
BBB hardwear Aquashields....not cheap, about £30. Normal neoprene with a PU coating (look like thick shiny rubber) :hello:

After a quick online look, the Aquashields seem to be the BBB brandname for gloves not overshoes. Am I looking in the wrong place?

EDIT: I just looked at a full size image of some BBB Waterflex overshoes and, guess what, they've got Aqua-shield stamped on them. I think I've just answered my own question.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Wore my Endura 500 mtb overshoes today in all the rain fantastic to get to work and have dry shoes
best twenty pounds ive spent for a while.

+ 1. Essential kit IMO.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
The overshoes really are great because my shoes took 5 days to dry out last time they got full of water. Unfortunately, they don't seem to fare well if you haven't got clipless pedals. This is my left one after 2 commutes:
20110907_001.jpg

mrmacmusic

Veteran
The overshoes really are great because my shoes took 5 days to dry out last time they got full of water. Unfortunately, they don't seem to fare well if you haven't got clipless pedals. This is my left one after 2 commutes:
[attachment=5053:20110907_001.jpg]

I'm liking how the water is beading on the surface there... clearly the Endura's are actually waterproof! Luckily I've got SPD's so hopefully wear and tear won't be too much of an issue. Going to pick up a pair of Luminites shortly :thumbsup:

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I'm liking how the water is beading on the surface there... clearly the Endura's are actually waterproof! Luckily I've got SPD's so hopefully wear and tear won't be too much of an issue. Going to pick up a pair of Luminites shortly :thumbsup:
I think I might just have bought the wrong ones. These or even these look like they might be more durable for my purpose.

400bhp

Guru
BBB hardwear Aquashields....not cheap, about £30. Normal neoprene with a PU coating (look like thick shiny rubber) :hello:

Hmm, I have the BBB Hardwear overshoes. Had them for 12 months and used a lot and they have been great.

They now seem to be letting in more water. I think they have stretched so they don't go on that tight.

What are the differences between Hardwear and Aquashields? Might have to get a pair of the latter.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
THe BBB's I have are these:-

Linky Linky

They have the PU outer coating which keeps the rain out. Had them about two years - so going strong.

endoman

Newspaper is your friend.

Scrunch up about 4 or 5 sheets of it and stuff it into the shoes, replace after 20 minutes, then again after a few hours and once more before bed.

Dried mine at work after commute with loads of paper roller towel stuff, perfectly dry after 8 hours, but soaked again on way home. Have ordered overshoes as part of club kit deal, but they are 7 weeks away. 2 lots is greedy!

Top Bottom