Overshoes. Tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

scouserinlondon

My experience of overshoes is that they don't generally last longer than a year. Unless you do some heavy duty repairs but it only extends the life of them a little bit.

It's worth while weighing up the repeated cost of overshoes to the more expensive initial cost of winter boots.
My Sidi winter boots are certainly great at keeping my feet dry and warm, although at -3 you do start to feel it a bit.

I'm gonn get decent shoes next winter. Don't wanna spend the money right now.

Reactions: gaz

david1701

I have thought about it and I think my biggest issue us the bbb ones is that my feet are wet before I start because I walk down a muddy lane to get my bike out and they lift up when I walk + the water comes in the cleat holes.....

It's worth while weighing up the repeated cost of overshoes to the more expensive initial cost of winter boots.
My Sidi winter boots are certainly great at keeping my feet dry and warm, although at -3 you do start to feel it a bit.

That is an interesting idea that I hadn't considered; actually hadn't heard of such a beast before. Do you have a link or more details?

Andrew

Looks like they are no longer made or at least CRC have discontinued stocking them.

Andrew

The clearance items must sell out fast as I missed my first choice ones by waiting till I got to work to order. What with the current weather I'm sure there will have been a sharp rise in demand. Got to be fast when the deal is right.

PK99

Legendary Member
My feet have been freezing this week and I'm considering overshoes. I have read mixed reviews in the past and wondered what folk here thought and used?

I've got size 10 feet and wear spd shoes.

Thanks all

Jez

Neoprene (same stuff as wetsuits) overshoes plus ski socks suit me just fine.

Top Bottom