Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Great ride home in the rain, but my feet were soaked, can anyone recommend a decent pair of overshoes? Up to £30 I guess sounds ok. Ideally some that I can use all year round? Sod's law dictates that once I have them, I'll never need to use them!

Cheers

Stan

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

400bhp

Guru

I would not recommend those.

I had a pair - zip broke shortly after purchase, then the seam split between the neoprene cover and the base.

I subsequently bought the "MTB version". Crap too. The base has been destroyed within 2 weeks after very light walking. The zip has now broke at the top so it constantly falls down. I need to use a safety pin to hold them up Despite this they do still keep my feet dry.

I previously had a pair of BBB's. Very good. I still have them but they started to fray on the bottom. I was ham fisted with them. They are now left at work for journeys home when I didn't wear overshoes in the morning.

I bought a pair of decathlon ones a few months ago as they were half price (£10). Yet to try them out.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I would not recommend those.

I had a pair - zip broke shortly after purchase, then the seam split between the neoprene cover and the base.

I subsequently bought the "MTB version". Crap too.

I also got the mtb ones , and loved them , my feet were nice and warm until on the 5th time of using my zip also broke.
Emailed Endura and they replaced them no questions asked.

BBBs get my vote. In heavy rain, your feet will still get wet because the rain will come in over the tops. Even so, your feet may be wet, but they shouldn't get cold...

okeydokey79

i have the bbb waterflex over shoes, i have had these for about 8mths now and have had no complaints, they fit good, keep feet dry and also warm(use on the cold mornings) and have riden to work in very heavy rain and may can't feel the rain at all(longest ride in rain about an hour) and around £25 possibly cheaper of ebay.

stu1903

Über Member
+1 for the Endura ones. I'm on my second pair. First pair wore out but that was after heavy use for around 1.5 years.

I also have the MTB ones and am still on my first pair. Admittidly I'm not out much now on my MTB, just my road bike.

I team them up with a pair of SealSkinz sock and am kept warm and dry no matter what the conditions are.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
+1 also for the Endura's. Had them for a couple of winters, getting battered now, need a new pair for next winter. Considering what I paid, they have been good value for money.

lejogger

Guru
I had the Endura ones for a good 3 years until the zip broke. Thought they were great but decided to opt for a different replacement that would look a bit cooler on the road bike. Ended up spending a not insignificant amount on these Pro ones: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/pro-tarmac-npu-road-overshoes/
They're actually not that good. Very tight, so tricky to get on, and they don't fit as snug over the toes as the Endura do.
Last Sunday my shoes were drenched when I got in, although that's probably more to do with the holes on the underside of my shoes. Anyway, I wouldn't rush to get those.

So I don't think you'll go wrong with the Endura. The only negative apart from the zip break was the material isn't super tough. I came off in them and it took some major chunks out.

I haven't tried the BBBs, but in my club I'd say 50% of the guys wear them, so I I'd say that's probably an indication of good quality. Maybe give those a go?

musa

Über Member
I got enduras too zip is knackered though. Im using a brand called Gist. A thorough test is yet to be given (ie while raining) they seem ok for cold ish days

Top Bottom