overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Winter Boots for me too I've had a pair of Diadora 'Chilli' for 7 yrs but managed to tear the side of the right boot on a chainring (in an 'off') they're still ok heat wise but not as good in the rain, I then went for some Specialized that are similar, in that they cover my ankle Both pairs were reasonably priced when I bought them in April/May but full whack is a bit steep.

runner

Guru
I use bbb heavyduty overshoes. They need to be a tight fit and the neo material allows for pulling and stretching...the weak link with them is always the zip which after time (usually 18months) breaks off! I then have the ridiculous scenario of trying to thread wire/cord through the hole where the end of the zip was so that I can pull the damn thing up! I love overshoes and accept their limitations and need for replacement but they are so good at keeping my feet not only dry but warm

runner

Guru
i am a first time user of overshoes(Endura). i dont know if there is a certain method of fitting them as it took me nearly half hour to get them on and i struggled to fasten the rear zips. i am a size 8 shoe and bought the size 9 L overshoe. i must be doing something wrong or is it because its the first time they hae been worn, i know they are meant to be tight fitting but these seem very tight and yet the next size up is to fit size 11-12 shoe. help!
I have used enduras in the past and did also go for a larger size as they are indeed a small fit....best to try in the shop before purchase, easy to do in Bristol as the two big stores in the centre cyclesurgery and evans both stock them

I've got Endura overshoes which I agree are a flipping struggle to get on. I've also got Sealskin neoprene ones which are much easier but since I bought some winter boots (Northwave Celsius) I never use either of them!

Katherine

Guru
Dare I say that the Aldi ones I bought in their winter stock week are lovely and stretchy and keep my feet dry and protected from the wind! That's over three pairs of socks inside lace up shoes.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I use bbb heavyduty overshoes. They need to be a tight fit and the neo material allows for pulling and stretching...the weak link with them is always the zip which after time (usually 18months) breaks off! I then have the ridiculous scenario of trying to thread wire/cord through the hole where the end of the zip was so that I can pull the damn thing up! I love overshoes and accept their limitations and need for replacement but they are so good at keeping my feet not only dry but warm
I use these
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1dEDm8OrxqFAXjaT6gD1wXtT0bnFbz4sJv6hGZxd02l43I-ie.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Have used Endura neoprene overshoes for the last couple of years, Keep my feet warm when it's cold and dry, useless when it's pouring down with rain though, Am seriously thinking about winter boots.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom