Overshoes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbo891

I'm thinking about purchasing some overshoes! However no idea what these things are like so I want or need some recommendations.

I am thinking more along the summer type and pull on stuff, no zips or Velcro. There's a Lycra type or sock type so what's best?

It also has to look good! Vain I know haha

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm trying my Castelli Toe Thingys tonight, I think these could be the answer for summer shoe coverage. Cheaper DHB options are available.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
None, it's summer, enjoy not having to wear them while you can!
I went out the other evening in full winter kit and was so chilled on the tops that I thought I had forgotten to put my long-sleeved jersey on over my long-sleeved base layer, under my windtop!

Ironically, I had stopped using my overshoes a couple of rides ago and my feet got cold too ...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why do.you need ovwrshoes in summer?
It isn't summer yet, and half the time the UK summer isn't like summer anyway!

It was 8 degrees C here the other evening and a chilly wind was blowing at 25 kph with gusts to over 40 kph. I climb up to over 400 metres on many of my rides and the windchill on rides like that is not nice to hands and feet.

Age is probably a factor too. I don't remember suffering from cold extremities when I was a young man but I certainly do now, especially since losing a lot of weight. (I lose body heat a lot quicker without 5 stone of blubber to keep me warm.)

So, where did I put those overshoes ...! :whistle:

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
It was 8 degrees C here the other evening and a chilly wind was blowing at 25 kph with gusts to over 40 kph.

:eek: That's like autumn here. You'll be telling me there's snow next ... oh, actually there was very recently, wasn't there?

screenman

Legendary Member
The Aldi one's are my favourites, despite owning other makes. I buy a couple of pairs each time they have them in stock and will last 6 months of hard wearing, walking down 80 yards of gravel driveway before each ride is what does them in.

busman

I have a pair of Penn overshoes and they cost a fraction of the price of Sealskinz. They keep my feet toasties warm in the winter and are waterproof. Will definitely by another pair when the need arises

Top Bottom