Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
Hi folks

I'm just coming up to my first winter commuting and have decided I need a pair of overshoes. However I was hoping to get a pair for both commuting and my road bike.

I've seen Endura Luminites recommended, my local Edinburgh Bike Co-op has them in stock, but they have an elastic strap under the foot.

Now I use SPD-sls on my road bike, which would be fine, but commute on a mtb with flats. Would the rubber strap wear out quickly on the flats?

I could also try an Aldi cheap pair due this week - though they don't appear to be waterproof, or just grin cheerfully and buy both, the Aldis for commuting and the Enduras for the roadbike.

Any thoughts, or alternative suggestions?

thanks - James

barongreenback

Über Member
I have an older version of these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/pro-tarmac-npu-road-overshoes/

And I'm very happy with them. They fasten with velcro underneath the shoe. Seem pretty robust and I'll be using them this winter too.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
You should be ok with the Luminite. The strap on it isn't rubber. It's some heavy duty velcro backed elastic. But it crosses just in the arch of the shoe. Mine don't touch the pedal. Or the ground when walking.

Radman

Ive got a pair of endura mtb 500 there a bit more pricey than the Aldi equivalent but dare i say water proof,ive worn them a few times now apart from struggling to put them on first of all they have been fine, there strong have got two openings on the sole which are for cleats to fit in,they also zip up at the rear and have kept my cycling shoes dry in some pretty hard downpours.got them from Evans for £20.

Top Bottom