Overtaking another cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm not the fastest cyclist in town. Christ, I even have dodgy knees.. but sometimes you just have to get past another cyclist dont you. I mean, atleast 5 times this week I've been stuck behind another, slower cyclist... and I mean walking speed in some cases (not this vid though).

So about a week ago THIS happened. I'll bet knowing my luck he's just come off a 30 mile ride and heres me showing off only 3 miles into my commute. :biggrin:

I think we all have those moments :biggrin:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
marinyork said:
I like the video, it's highly amusing as cycling culture.

I think I have to give credit to Arch, I think it was her* video with the subtitles that made me start using them, LOL

*I hope a) it was Arch and :biggrin: I havent got the poor persons gender wrong. :biggrin: You cant always tell online. :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Arch has been on Look North, I hope you know you have a lot to live upto! Living in 'ampsheeeer is not an excuse for not getting on another tv region either :biggrin:.

Usually Roadies.

Yes those moments are grate

It is a shame I do not get it happening to me often. Saying that I was talking to mickle the over day and I was telling him about my ride home the night before.

I was riding up the bridge from Bishopthorp to York and I hear gears changing behind me so I look back and there was a bloke on a Spec Allez (triple). Not a problem so I get to the top of the bridge and start heading down the over side and I can hear panting? coming from the bloke behind me. He then tries to show off by over taking me when I was riding a Brompton S2 I could tell he was pushing it to the max by the way he was riding. I let him pass me and he is in the full tuck down mode trying to ride a bike he dose not know ride. So I think na I am not having that and just speed up a bit and sit on his tale with him looking over at me all the time with him trying to speed up and I am just sitting there. 4 or 5 min's in he puts his arm out to say he is turning and I take that a pointer for me to put the power down and fly past him on the over side and the look on his face :biggrin: He looked like he had just got back from a 150mile training ride.

downfader said:
I think I have to give credit to Arch, I think it was her* video with the subtitles that made me start using them, LOL

*I hope a) it was Arch and :biggrin: I havent got the poor persons gender wrong. :biggrin: You cant always tell online. :biggrin:

Nice vid, Downfader! :biggrin:

And yes, it was Arch who (presumably) inspired you (or she at least had a similar self-deprecating humour to it).

Wigsie

Nincompoop
downfader said:
You've stolen my moment of glory away :biggrin:

:smile:;):biggrin: That was the only benefit I had over him, haha!!

Dont listen to them, in the life of an every day joe a scalp is a scalp! I will take them whether its a roadie, MTB'er, commuter or doped up hoodies on BMX's.

dodgy

I must admit to expecting something a bit more exciting than a cyclist overtaking another cyclist! I want my 1min 39sec back!

Top Bottom