Overtaking another cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
a pat on the back as you went past would have been funny

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
buggi said:
a pat on the back as you went past would have been funny

I dont think he could reach. I was too far right. ;)

Oh Wigsie. Just remembered a story. About 2 summers back I was riding into work... about 4 young teen lads were all over the road on cheap full sus mtbs so I thought I'd nip past them at the earliest. As I passed one of them shouted out "..so you wanna race d'ya?!" :biggrin:

He tried to keep up but I was a LOT fitter back then. :biggrin:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If I ever overtake anyone I'll put a post up with a full account.:laugh:Meanwhile just talk amongst yourselves for a while....

xpc316e said:
Downfader, would you please tell us what camera you used for this footage - it seems to be of high quality?

+1

*Make Motorbike Noises* :biggrin::rofl:;)

I'm using one of these at the moment. It sounds almost agricultural when riding at low revs.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
xpc316e said:
Downfader, would you please tell us what camera you used for this footage - it seems to be of high quality?

Dogcamsports HQ-2. The best sub 500 quid bullet cam you can get imo.

I'm using one of these at the moment. It sounds almost agricultural when riding at low revs

*Dribbles*

A guy on the Musicrader forum has a Yammy R1. That is also v nice. I like motorbikes but have to admit know naff all about them. I do know what I like the look of though. My Father had a mate years back who rode a 1950s Triumph that he refurbushed to its original chrome glory. ;)

Maz

Guru
downfader said:
500 quid! I'd rather get another bike!

downfader said:

*Dribbles*

A guy on the Musicrader forum has a Yammy R1. That is also v nice. I like motorbikes but have to admit know naff all about them. I do know what I like the look of though. My Father had a mate years back who rode a 1950s Triumph that he refurbushed to its original chrome glory. :biggrin:

£500 for a bullet cam ;) Top quality though :biggrin:

The GSXR1000 isn't mine but I expect I'll have the use of it for a while as my own ZX6R was written off last week by its owner (and as he is going to be off the bikes for IMO at least 3 months due to injury).
The only way to describe it is Balistic. You have to watch the speedo like a hawk as it has very tall gearing and can apparently do more than 40mph above the national speed limit in 1st gear. It requires demands respect from its rider given it is putting nearly 170bhp down at the back wheel.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Maz said:
500 quid! I'd rather get another bike!

Well I think its about 170 but there are others out there for more, sorry was a bit tired last night so my message didnt come out right ;)...

..right. Now off to work. :biggrin:

TVC

Like the video, it is always so satisfying to take another cyclist, more so if they have more expensive kit than you.

On one occasion though the overtakee got me back. I sailed past this woman on a road bike as she laboured slightly on a gradiant, giving my usual 'I'm not really trying' cheery "Mornin'", she just came back in a very motherly tone "Oh do stop showing off!"...That told me then.:biggrin::smile:

Top Bottom