Own up! Who was it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neiltluck

Regular
It's individuals like that, who give cycling a bad name....

puffinbilly

Veteran
Ok it was me - not jumping the red lights - but the Benny Hill impression on the bike....sometimes I feel the world is rushing at me as I hit the sixties and seventies on the bike.:blush:

Drago

Legendary Member
eight fatal hit and runs in the capital so far this year. None by a cyclist.

And? Just because someone else is doing something worse doesn't lessen the twattishness of this gents behaviour.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It's individuals like that, who give cycling a bad name....
No, they don't. When you see a motorist running a red light, do you think "It's individuals like that who give motoring a bad name"? That red-light running cyclist certainly doesn't represent all cyclists, and I claim no relation to him at all. He's just another road user not following a particular road rule, that's all.

Neiltluck

Regular
No, they don't. When you see a motorist running a red light, do you think "It's individuals like that who give motoring a bad name"? That red-light running cyclist certainly doesn't represent all cyclists, and I claim no relation to him at all. He's just another road user not following a particular road rule, that's all.

Whilst I agree with you in principle that this should be viewed as an "isolated incident" and in the eyes of the Cycling Fraternity, DOES NOT represent all cyclists, I'm afraid that Drago's comment below sums it up perfectly.

Unfortunately, society doesn't view us as a user group with the same warm cuddly love as they do car drivers. Whether we like It or not the misdemeanors of a cyclist reflect far worse on us all than does the chumpish antics of a car driver.

Us cyclists unfortunately represent a "minority group" and are like it or not, all tarred with the same brush when it comes to misdemeanours and traffic violations. 99.9% of us are perfectly responsible human beings, respectful of other road users and abide by the highway code on every ride, but the actions of the few idiots among us are reflected far and wide.

At the end of the day, the motorist and the cyclist will never get along in perfect harmony. We can only ever expect to co-exist on the same roads at the same time, it just means that the survival instincts of the cyclist must always be greater than that of the motorist.

Stay safe everybody and above all, lets enjoy our hobby!

Top Bottom