Owning the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
My mood varies considerably from one day to the next so if I'm beeped at to get out of his/her very important way, I'll either smile back and carry on as I was, or I'll stop the bike, hold them up and give him/her a right bollocking. All 5'3" and 9stone of me :laugh:
Most of the time I'll just ask them what the problem is and educate them in the highway code.

Helmet Cams are useful here

As you approach, you usually get a good face shot, and a simple tap of the camera and knowing smile is adequate

Having said that, I find that many drivers change their mind about manoeuvres when they see it

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
To achieve what?
If done well, and ive honed this to perfection, its amusing, the bully is embarrassed in front of their peers and it let's them know this person isn't for bullying.
I don't lose my rag and I'm capable of assessing and dealing with acceptable risk. I suspect your perception of the likelihood of risk is massively skewed by your having been in the police

johnnyb47

Guru
It's difficult to say how anybody will react on any given day. Some days you just let things go and other days you take exception. It all boils down to what mood your in..The roads are a public highway and unfortunately you get all walks of life using them. The vast majority of users are decent law abiding citizens ,but every now and again you will get the odd pillock. It's best to ( if possible ) to just ignore them and accept they are in the small minority of bad drivers. The chances are they will be involved in another altercation tomorrow with somebody else who may end up battering them. Don't let these idiots put you off doing something you enjoy. They are just sad self righteous individuals with a narrow minds and think the road is for there use only. If you do end up having an argument ,just tell them you will speak to them tomorrow when your back on duty and see the reaction you get. It quite funny to see there change of attitude when they put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. You just forget to mention back on duty at your work place (and not a police station :-).

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
My first thought is to engage in some serious fisticuffs. Then I remember that I'm wearing cycling shoes with cleats and I'd make myself look like a complete arse.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We need a cycling version of Godwin's Law for the playing of the "Kenneth Noye" card.

Should we all cower in the face of bullying whenever we encounter it on the off chance that the bully might be a cop-killing, freemason nut-job, armed robber, who has bent coppers for friends? What are the odds I wonder?

Top Bottom