Oxford to lands end... Your crazy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will.t

Ok so I currently attend a sea cadet unit in banbury and have done for over 5 years and we are currently in need of funding otherwise I may lose such an important part of my life.

So I have clubbed together with one other who is willing to do a like multi sport sponsored expedition. This will entail as many of the sports that the sea cadets partake in competitively and predominantly biking and running/walking.
Unfortunately due to the multiple terrains required planning this is quite an obstacle. We need a mix of land and water wether it be lakes, canals etc. is anyone any good at planning and could help us/ give us some tips or knows of a website that could plan this for me.

Thanks in advance
Will

DanZac

Surely your cadets should be able to have some part in the planning as a group experience and as part of their development and not just you (or me) plan this for them.
instead of making it your effort make it a group effort and see what ideas your fellow cadets come up with.
As a starter there are plenty of canals running that way that will get you to the river seven then follow that and the coast roads through Devon / cornwall.

How many modes of non-motorised transport can one use?
Walk
Run
Climb
Bike
Skate
Kayak
Canoe
Coracle
Raft
Sail
Surf
Horseride
Parachute
Pogo

Off the top of my head.....

As above There are waterways (Thames and Kennet and Avon Canal, River Severn) from Oxford tp Gloucester and Bristol, then either coastal or cross country cycle or walking routes to Lands End

Also you need to think about the ages and support. Will it ba a whole journey with everyone doing everything or a relay with one person on the move at any given time?

OP
OP
W

Will.t

@DanZac If it becomes to involved with cadets they will have to do a risk assessment which could mean hours and hours of their time spent if you see what I mean. The staff are currently very busy at the moment with their own lives so I do not want to become to much of a burden.
@MichaelW2 it's really dependant on what is made available to us. We don't own equipment for all sports so we will have to rely on the generosity of those who do .
@Cunobelin it will be 2 of us doing the 264 miles over as long as we need but I think we would like to do it in less than 10 days. I will be 17 when and my friend will be 19 by the time we come around.
Thanks guys

Top Bottom