P***k in a Mini and other w***ers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

"Polak in a Mini and other Workers"

This is no doubt a reference to the strikes organised by Lech Walesa and others in the early 80s in Poland.

It is not widely known that Walesa (an ardent supporter of Red Robbo at BL) drove between strike pickets in a 1977 Mini Clubman estate.

He often carried other foundry workers with him on these trips.

Hence the title of this thread.

I am saddened to note that the content of the thread has nothing to do with the title, a reference to a brave strugle against a despotic regime.

Dan_h

I am saddened to note that the content of the thread has nothing to do with the title, a reference to a brave strugle against a despotic regime.

I am not so sure... have you seen the despotic regime of the motor car and the fight of the good cyclists struggling bravely against it! :cycle:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Recently I have not had a clue at what people have been saying to me when they pass. They always have their window shut and expect me to hear what they are saying?

The most common bit of, well not agression but, "pointers" I get from drivers is the constant pointing at the pavement. I always respond to this with pointing to the pavement was well. It is as much of a response as they are going to get from me unless they stop and then I simply ask them what they were pointing at (when I already know whats coming: "Get on the cycle path!").

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Recently I have not had a clue at what people have been saying to me when they pass. They always have their window shut and expect me to hear what they are saying?

The most common bit of, well not agression but, "pointers" I get from drivers is the constant pointing at the pavement. I always respond to this with pointing to the pavement was well. It is as much of a response as they are going to get from me unless they stop and then I simply ask them what they were pointing at (when I already know whats coming: "Get on the cycle path!").

I do this also. I do like to see their confused expressions when I do it.

Top Bottom