P line component weights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
I have in the past seen pretty much all brompton parts weights given but cannot find the weights for P line components. My interest here is the weights for the crank arms, bottom bracket and headset. I have a 2010 brompton with 58 and 38 tooth chain rings and a BikeGang 11/13/17 one piece sprocket which is a bit faster than my P line because of the higher gearing while having a granny gear option with the 38 chainring albeit with a greasy finger shift. I have a fairly pristine Sugino 110 BCD crank set so I can duplicate my 2010 set up although I may need a shorter BB to get my chain line adjusted right. Anybody happen to have the above weights handy? Thanks, Ron

berlinonaut

Veteran
My interest here is the weights for the crank arms, bottom bracket and headset.
Bottom bracket and crank arms are the same as on any Brompton since 2013, nothing special on the P-Line. The Headset is called "superlight headset" and thus should be the same as on any ti-Brompton since 2005.

bottom bracket: ~260g
cranks post 2013 left 207g and right 275g (w/o chainwheel)
headset: don't have a weight but the superlight aluminium one is said to be 45-50g lighter than the standard steel one on "normal" Bromptons.

OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
Found an old but hardly used Sugino crankset and fitted it with a 54 and 38 tooth set of chainrings which wound up weighing only an ounce or so more than the Brompton one with its chainguard. Of course it looks terrible since it is silver not black like the one which came with the P line. I have some 8%+ grades so I will give it a try. Haven't yet got a 58 tooth chainring but will after a while.

Top Bottom