P*ncture advice needed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisW

Yes, i know "Don't get one" is the obvious advice...

But got one coming home on Fri, replaced tube Sat and got into work o.k. today. At going home time, flat again, so replaced tube again. After about 30 seconds the tube exploded, really made me jump. :biggrin:

I've checked around the tyre twice and it seems o.k., anyone have any idea what is happening? :biggrin:

Chris

bianco

Have you checked the rim tape, might be weak/wonky and the inner tube may be popping itself on the spoke.

TimO

Guru
It doesn't sound exactly like a problem I had, so it's probably not that, but just in case...

I managed to knock a brake block slightly when repairing a previous visit from the fairy, and it was rubbing very very slightly on the sidewall. It destroyed two tyres and several inner tubes before I worked out what was going on. One of the inners popped very loudly, which is unique to me in 20 years or so of cycle commuting. :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
always the tube changers that struggle

doesn't take any longer than changing a tube once you're trained and ready

Abitrary

I've had that a couple of times after tyre repairs, and I too would say it was crap rim tape.

Is it that thin rubber stuff?

Check you're not getting the tube pinched inside the tyre when you put it back on. I had a similar spate of punctures which I think was due to being a little too hasty in my attempts at an Formula 1 speed tyre change and not checking things were in place properly.

If possible, try and match up where the punctures are on the wheel and check the rim there

Top Bottom