pad repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Amazon Fire Tablet,a surprise gift to me from Mrs P has developed a fault.The charging cable is loose when inserted into the port.So you can put it on ,go back and it has slipped loose while you were away and has not charged and has even lost more battery power.Google, problem and it is well known,one online solution a large rubber band,wrap it around the top of the cable pull down tight after inserting cable and fasten off,guess what it is working.Google is your friend.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try a new cable.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Definitely agree with the new cable. I had the same issue a couple of years ago, bought a new longer one from another Amazon seller and no issues since. It's only a micro usb connection so any basic phone one will do.

Wooden cocktail stick and put it in the charger plug, it will be full of fluff that needs picking out. iPhones are subject to this problem too. Ha ha

I had this problem with a lot of staff phones and tablets when I was an IT Tech at schools
I just removed the battery (if possible) and fished any fluff out with a pin or needle
If you can;t take the battery out - something similar but wood or plastic can be used instead
You just have to be careful to not short anything out or scratch anything.

The stuff I found jammed in some phone was amazing!!!

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Just curious, @Cycleops, but other than speed, why “Always look for USB C in new devices?” My toys are all Apple, MacBook Pro (old, with CD burner), iPad Mini 4, and iPhone. All OLD. I keep using them until they rot. iPhone is original 5S, I like it because it's nice and small. Will replace with new small iPhone soon though. (Don’t think Apple is still supporting the one I have.) Don’t have any USB C devices yet.

Top Bottom