Padders Slippers......you may not be getting what you think!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wear crocs and fluffy socks in the house.

On a more serious note, my dad used to have a business making travel goods and instrument cases. He had contracts with several big name acts in the 60s and 70s, as well as with upmarket retailers, so he wasn't making cheap tat. But stuff for sales and clearance was made specially as such, usually with thinner leather or vinyl, cheaper finishings and fewer stitches per inch.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Mr Ashley owns most of the brand names he sells, clever business but not nice business.
He buys up brands many which have been household names when they run into difficulties and go bankrupt. He then trades on the recognisability and kudos of the name and sticks it on cheap often badly made products, not nice but thats the way of the world. I recently bought a electric fan branded AKAI, made in Hong Kong. Everyone remembers them for Hi-fi but I assume they went bust and someone bought the name. On the plus side Ashley saved Evans :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
About 25 years ago I shoplifted ( well we owned the shop) a couple of pairs of hard sole slippers made by Bristol Chamois. They are marked made in UK. I am wearing a pair as I type and they are still in one piece. Cannot remember the retail price but they were not cheap. The other pair are still good but kept at my son’s house to save me carrying too much stuff when I visit.

Top Bottom