Paid bicycle parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Here's a secure bike park in Delft. 50c a day, manned parking. You get a ticket, the other half of which is tagged on your bike and he collects it for you when you present your ticket.
parking.jpg

Other options for residents only.

street.jpg

Attachments

• parking.jpg
    parking.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 50
  • street.jpg
    street.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
wafflycat said:
Most welcome!:laugh:

Have you used them? I can't find any photos or other information on them which is a shame. I've seen where they are on the map.

Wish I'd made this thread 3 months ago :sad: Oh well, another year and a half (at least) to enjoy them.

wafflycat

thomas said:
Have you used them? I can't find any photos or other information on them which is a shame. I've seen where they are on the map.

Wish I'd made this thread 3 months ago :sad: Oh well, another year and a half (at least) to enjoy them.

No, I've not used them, and not seen up close. Where they are are at the main bus station. Across the road from the cafe part & bus stands is a YMCA/YWCA? and just to the left of that is a big sign donating the secure bike parking to the left.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
wafflycat said:
No, I've not used them, and not seen up close. Where they are are at the main bus station. Across the road from the cafe part & bus stands is a YMCA/YWCA? and just to the left of that is a big sign donating the secure bike parking to the left.

Yep, I saw where they were on the map. Oh well, I'm back around the 9th Jan so will check it out then. I'll take my helmet camera so I can take a video/show some photos :laugh:

Hopefully I will have to register or something for a code...rather than just bike parking behind a wall :sad:

skrx

Hilldodger said:

I found the prices for that (£1 a day, longer period tickets available).

"The Bike Park has space for 120 bikes and is Britain's largest secure bike parking facility."

Davidc

Guru
I'd certainly be prepared to pay at the station when I'm using the train, or for overnight near home if I didn't have my own.

As for shopping - I'm prepared to rely on a good lock and a loud alarm.

"The Bike Park has space for 120 bikes and is Britain's largest secure bike parking facility."

And is soon to be expanded. Plus there's talk of two more, smaller ones, opening too.

Davidc said:
I'd certainly be prepared to pay at the station when I'm using the train, or for overnight near home if I didn't have my own.

As for shopping - I'm prepared to rely on a good lock and a loud alarm.

the good thing about the bike park is that you can pop back and leave a full pannier there and carry on shopping, or leave all you wet weather gear on the bike knowing it'll be there when you return.

Also, they'll dry stuff off for you if it's raining!

bauldbairn

Coco said:
Scotrail have them as well. about 3 or 4 at my local station. I don't think you have to pay for them.

Just noticed these at Larbert Station, near Falkirk. Likewise - don't know if you have to pay....good idea none the less?

Top Bottom