Pain in side of knee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamma25

Hi guys i was out with the local club last night for a quick social ride and i have noticed that i have some pain in the side of my knee.

While riding back home i felt muscles in both knees spasm so i backed the pace off just to let them recover but now have this pain just on the left knee, i haven't touched anything with my bike apart from removing the pedals but thats it so i am confused as to why this is happened.

Will be going to the doctors just to see if i haven't done any lasting damage.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi guys i was out with the local club last night for a quick social ride and i have noticed that i have some pain in the side of my knee.

While riding back home i felt muscles in both knees spasm so i backed the pace off just to let them recover but now have this pain just on the left knee, i haven't touched anything with my bike apart from removing the pedals but thats it so i am confused as to why this is happened.

Swelling? Whereabouts in the side of the knee?
Have you been riding a lot? Working out in the gym? Anything else to aggravate?

OP
OP
J

jamma25

Swelling? Whereabouts in the side of the knee?
Have you been riding a lot? Working out in the gym? Anything else to aggravate?

Top half inside but no swelling , done a bit of gym work last week but just easy and not much riding last week but i usually do around 100 - 150 miles a week but ride was only 35 flat miles.

vickster

Legendary Member
Top half inside but no swelling , done a bit of gym work last week but just easy and not much riding last week but i usually do around 100 - 150 miles a week but ride was only 35 flat miles.
Probably overuse. Rest properly and ice for a week. Then see dr or Physio if no better

I would guess (but its only a guess and I hope you've seen an expert) is that its the IT band and gradually over time its tightened and started to pull your knee out of sync. So instead of running smoothly it rubs. Stretches will start to ease it off there's no damage to your internal knee.

OP
OP
J

jamma25

I would guess (but its only a guess and I hope you've seen an expert) is that its the IT band and gradually over time its tightened and started to pull your knee out of sync. So instead of running smoothly it rubs. Stretches will start to ease it off there's no damage to your internal knee.

Seen my gp who got me a appointment with a phsyio and they set me some stretchs to do but also got a xray appointment to see if part of the pin which was left in me when i broke my leg hasn't moved.

Top Bottom