Pain!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Well thankfully I'm not coughing blood and the pain is staying in a small area. It's not spreading to the ribs.
And (Ano it's probably too much information)
But I've just been to the toilet and there's no blood to be seen.
Thank god!!!!

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Think positive - pain is simply a by product of weakness leaving the body.
Inspirational

Well thankfully I'm not coughing blood and the pain is staying in a small area. It's not spreading to the ribs.
Thank god!!!!

You have to break the stools up and see if blood is inside. Best to just do it whilst its floating in the pot. Just squash between fingers and check for reddish colouring in water. Better to be safe old boy :angel:

So long as the bikes OK, that's all that matters. And watch out for rocks on trails, they are, as Tom Jones said, not unusual. Which bike did you get in the end?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
@BretonM I'm not being funny, but you wouldn't go to your GP for mechanical advice about your bike, so I wouldn't rely on medical advice (no matter how well intentioned) from a cycling forum.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Thank god!!!!

For the time being ;)
Probably be worse in the morning and up to 48 hours. ^_^ Plain sailing after that :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

So long as the bikes OK, that's all that matters. And watch out for rocks on trails, they are, as Tom Jones said, not unusual. Which bike did you get in the end?
That was my one concern, as I was hurtling towards my bars I just twisted the back wheel and cassette away from a nasty looking tree. Could've been game over to be honest. I got the Land Rover, couldn't turn down the decent rear and front suspension and location of the bike for £250.
Thanks.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

@BretonM I'm not being funny, but you wouldn't go to your GP for mechanical advice about your bike, so I wouldn't rely on medical advice (no matter how well intentioned) from a cycling forum.
My thinking was if people had had an experience like this before, as I assumed it was a common problem.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

For the time being ;)
Probably be worse in the morning and up to 48 hours. ^_^ Plain sailing after that :thumbsup:
The next day is always worse.
Then the day after that is agonising with any injury. Mbut the day after is fine,
Well, for me at least.
Thanks.

goody

Veteran
Hey guys,
I was riding some trails today and my front wheel hit a rather oddly placed rock in the wrong way.
My handlebars flew to the side and the end of the handlebar smashed me in the sternum with all my weight on it.
What should I do?

Next time out on the trails try and look further ahead, if you fixate on a rock, tree stump or other obstacle you'll probably hit it. Keep your weight to the back of the bike, keeping your knees slightly bent. Relax your grip on the bars let the suspension do its job.

Top Bottom