Painful Leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
My right leg felt a bit stiff last night. I woke up this morning in a lot of pain. My leg was swollen and hot and there was a lump. I went to A&E and got referred to the DVT clinic (I've had DVT before). They scanned my leg thoroughly with a nice colour ultrasound machine.

The diagnosis: blood clot in a small vein close to the surface. Not immediately dangerous. It'll sort itself out. I just need to take ibuprofen for the pain. Right now I'm in a lot of pain and can't walk very easily. Hopefully that won't last too long and I can go out for a ride at the weekend. At least I've missed the rain today.

I left the house at 8am and was home again by 11am. That's not bad going.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ouch. Gws

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Thanks. Having been through full blown DVT I thought it best to get checked out right away. I'm glad it's nothing to worry about.

Hey GWS and big but very gentle :hugs:

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Thanks guys. :smile:

I've had a day of feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to get frustrated by tomorrow but apparently it won't do any harm if I try to use my leg more than I have today. I know what to look out for and shouldn't just be sat around anyway. My GP has already offered prescription pain relief if I need it. I hope I don't.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have you been introduced to @ColinJ? :smile:
GWS! :hugs:
Ha ha - my DVT radar had already alerted me to this thread! :okay:

Hi Andy ... I'm glad that this time seems to be less serious than a DVT, but I remember reading that clots in superficial veins can sometimes spread and cause DVTs so make sure that you remain vigilant!

I would also be concerned that this is at least the second time that you have had clotting problems. When I clotted the second time, my consultant made a strong recommendation for me to go on anticoagulation for life to avoid it happening again. Do you have any idea why this is happening to you?

Top Bottom