Paint pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Has anybody got any experience of using paint pads? Do they have any advantages or disadvantages compared to paint rollers?

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I really liked them, less mess and a better coverage. The only disadvantage is a roller can be quicker but it didn't bother me too much. Happy painting!

slowwww

Veteran
Marmite. I don't like them as I don't believe that they cover as well as a roller and so need more coats, but my mate swears by them, if nothing else for the ease of doing edges

vickster

Legendary Member
Rollers better for big expanses of wall but they spit, pads for smaller fiddly bits and less messy (or a brush)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Many moons ago, I cut up a paint pad and used it to make a hedghog egg for easter for my son. It looked rather good glued to a hard boiled egg. And of course I used the obligatory pipe cleaners and felt tip pens as well.

sight-pin

Veteran
I use them for cutting in wall to ceiling and vice versa, they're really good for that, just remember to wipe the edges off the pad with a rag upon each fill so as not to mar the bit you don't want to paint, i also just stick the pad on a long handle and run it along for a perfect edge. (much quicker than a paint brush for cutting) But the rest i use a roller.

Top Bottom