Pairing speed/cadence sensors with apps (desktop or mobile)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
The Mrs has shown an interest in using the turbo trainer. She isn't a keen cyclist but I'm not going to discourage her. She isn't interested in power or things like that, but recording basic numbers would be helpful so she has some gauge of 'progress'.

Without committing to a Zwift membership for her, is there any free (or cheaper) mobile or desktop apps that can pick up the signal from a speed & cadence sensor if I put my Garmin sensors on her bike to use?

Mark pallister

The Mrs has shown an interest in using the turbo trainer. She isn't a keen cyclist but I'm not going to discourage her. She isn't interested in power or things like that, but recording basic numbers would be helpful so she has some gauge of 'progress'.

Without committing to a Zwift membership for her, is there any free (or cheaper) mobile or desktop apps that can pick up the signal from a speed & cadence sensor if I put my Garmin sensors on her bike to use?
Most of the main apps ,sufferfest,FulGaz,trainer road ect offer a free trial period

monkers

Veteran

Have you considered Ride GPS? Not just a free trial period but a free android app (with some additional features if you pay). We use it for our rides, it will pick up ride data from bike sensors including speed, cadence, power, heart rate, and temperature. I did a few sessions on the turbo and was surprised to see the data from my turbo and bike sensors had automatically loaded to the GPS site.

My other half pays for a Zwift account with the turbo, whereas I use a free Tacx app. Tacx was taken over by Garmin including the app. There were problems to begin with, but things have settled down. Again there are more features if you pay a subscription, but I just use the free stuff (there's no free GPS app unlike Ride GPS I think).

Last edited:
OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
Have you considered Ride GPS? Not just a free trial period but a free android app (with some additional features if you pay). We use it for our rides, it will pick up ride data from bike sensors including speed, cadence, power, heart rate, and temperature. I did a few sessions on the turbo and was surprised to see the data from my turbo and bike sensors had automatically loaded to the GPS site.

My other half pays for a Zwift account with the turbo, whereas I use a free Tacx app. Tacx was taken over by Garmin including the app. There were problems to begin with, but things have settled down. Again there are more features if you pay a subscription, but I just use the free stuff (there's no free GPS app unlike Ride GPS I think).
Thanks, I used to use Ride with GPS for mapping before I paid for a strava subscription. I didn't know they could track indoor activities.

Top Bottom