1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palin in Europe....did you watch it?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by stevenb, 22 Sep 2007.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Was quite good I thought...Croatia and the other former Yugoslav countries look beautiful.
    My colleague was on her hols in the adriatic on her friends boat by the Croatian coastline.....she loved it.
    :biggrin:

2. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Made me want to go there! Looked stunning. I do love Michael Palin though, he's a national treasure.

3. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Agreed. I missed a lot of the Himalaya series....although I bought the book for my father as a present...I suppose I could read that instead.

The mountainous Balkan countries look amazing......I would love to explore over there. A little farther afield...the radio show program I heard at lunch in the week said that Lithuania is a good place for trekking, cycling etc.

4. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

We went to the Baltics on holiday at Easter. All three countries are well worth visiting and there are some very cheap flights from the UK. Think rural Germany but with unspoilt countryside rather than Soviet grimness.

5. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Sounds good, as long as there are no land mines knocking about....

6. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Parts of the coast of Lithuania are a bit polluted. Near the old military ports, tourists are warned not to pick up "amber" from the beach, it is actually pure phosphorous.

Other parts of the coast are stunningly beautiful, as are the three countries themselves. Didn't hear about any landmines, did Palin have the jitters?

7. Brock

Brock Senior Member

I'm not going there! I've seen Hostel, and Severance. They're all crazies.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I love Michael Palin. TBH though last week's episode was a bit disappointing. It didn't have much depth to it IMO.

9. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I didn't realise it's shown on Sundays and repeated Saturdays.
    I have set the reminder for tonights one though.