Palin in Europe....did you watch it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Was quite good I thought...Croatia and the other former Yugoslav countries look beautiful.
My colleague was on her hols in the adriatic on her friends boat by the Croatian coastline.....she loved it.
:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Made me want to go there! Looked stunning. I do love Michael Palin though, he's a national treasure.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Agreed. I missed a lot of the Himalaya series....although I bought the book for my father as a present...I suppose I could read that instead.

The mountainous Balkan countries look amazing......I would love to explore over there. A little farther afield...the radio show program I heard at lunch in the week said that Lithuania is a good place for trekking, cycling etc.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
We went to the Baltics on holiday at Easter. All three countries are well worth visiting and there are some very cheap flights from the UK. Think rural Germany but with unspoilt countryside rather than Soviet grimness.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Parts of the coast of Lithuania are a bit polluted. Near the old military ports, tourists are warned not to pick up "amber" from the beach, it is actually pure phosphorous.

Other parts of the coast are stunningly beautiful, as are the three countries themselves. Didn't hear about any landmines, did Palin have the jitters?

Top Bottom