Panasonic DX6000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just the right size for me.............;)

Plan at mo is to use it as my wet weather road bike , unless.......

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Unicrown forks (perfectly ok, but generally used because they're cheaper to make) are pretty unusual on a road bike. Is it a gaspiper? Doesn't mean it's bad, just a pound heaver than it might be.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Unicrown forks (perfectly ok, but generally used because they're cheaper to make) are pretty unusual on a road bike. Is it a gaspiper? Doesn't mean it's bad, just a pound heaver than it might be.

Agree re forks , all the info i can find on interweb point to Tange 1 tubing ie much the same as Reynolds 531 double butted , it weighs about 10kg on my cheapo scales .

its been used as my commuter today and then was borrowed by a work mate for his lunchtine 6 mile ride and he came back with a huge grin as he set pb of just over 25 mins on his strava ^_^

He compared it very favourably to his more modern carbon fandango machine .

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My first MTB was a chunky old Diamond Back that I striped and resprayed in fluorescent orange, fading to fluorescent red towards the back of the frame. It needed some 'branding' and it's colour scheme reminded me of a certain brand of washing powder... so with help from a photocopier and some basic decoupage skills, I rode what I presume was the only Radion branded mountain bike.

Around the same time, a friend removed the Dyson sticker from his vacuum cleaner and stuck it to his head tube. I remember a couple of kids noticing it and saying "Oh look, a Dyson MTB" They seemed pretty convinced. I often wonder if they still think Dyson once made bicycles.

Never knew Panasonic made bikes, BTW. :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well just back from a nice pre work 13mile ride on this great machine , with slightly less wind than the last few days it was nice to be able to stretch the legs and get a good cadence going .

IMG_20170609_053129531.jpg

@Milkfloat this is a 24" frame and set for me at 5ft 10" in the above picture

IMG_20170609_053155400.jpg

Panasoincs own dropouts

IMG_20170609_053201192_HDR.jpg

The rear wheel has been swapped at some point for what looks to be a 105 champagne hubbed one . Added a few extra links last night as chain was a bit too short for my liking .

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You are welcome to pop across and try it , i have the saddle set at just over 39" from the floor and its got quite a long post in .
You are not allowed to tempt me like that. Luckily I am away all week (Le Mans racing) and then I get back I am off to India. Plus I am on the look out for some 531 action.

Top Bottom