Pancakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Brock said:
Something to do with Jesus isn't it?
I never knew this when I went to school. Used to come home and say 'Mum, it's pancake day today' so she'd make 20+ for the whole family.

However, now that we know its religious origin...we still eat loadsa pancakes on Shrove Tuesday! :tongue:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Maz said:
I never knew this when I went to school. Used to come home and say 'Mum, it's pancake day today' so she'd make 20+ for the whole family.

However, now that we know its religious origin...we still eat loadsa pancakes on Shrove Tuesday! :tongue:

is there a similar sort of day before ramadan maz?

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
is there a similar sort of day before ramadan maz?
None that are food-related.
I do, however, cherish my last bike commute before giving it up for a month.

ChrisKH

Guru
Maz said:
None that are food-related.
I do, however, cherish my last bike commute before giving it up for a month.

Yes, but what about the cycling? :tongue:

Seriously, couldn't you head out for an hour after you had gorged yourself at sundown?

On a more funny note, in my halls of residence many years ago we had some Kuwaiti's who were staying there doing some sort of fish studies course. Someone rang the police at 9.00 pm believing they had broken into the canteen, only to find they had been given a key and dedicated fridge for food during Ramadan. :sad:

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
about the last thing i'd give up for lent, if i gave anything up for lent…
Don't get me wrong. There's no prohibition on cycling during Ramadan - it's the lack of food or water during the daylight hours that makes cycling to work inadvisable.

I think how difficult it is depends on what time of year it is. Long summer days must be really hard but the short winter ones would be tolerable.

Going back to pancakes...i'm all out of batter now, so I just had to have eggy bread for lunch!

Maz

Guru
Aperitif said:
How do folk get on if they are building / digging etc Maz? Must be thirsty work at times...
In this case you don't have to fast. You can make them up later.

But yeah, back to pancakes...I'll have at least 4 tonight. All that talk about eggs being bad for you is not all it's cracked up to be.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Had three nice ones at a friends house yesterday. Yum... :-)

Are you counting that disastrous one I made? ;) (Batter was too thick, and I wasn't quick enough to spread it round the pan... It was more a drop scone than a pancake...

Top Bottom