Panic buying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently, there are going to be shortages of absolutely everything at the end of the month, no idea why as there's been nothing on the News!

What should I start panic buying?

🤔

D

Deleted member 26715

Water

Brains

Legendary Member
If you are old enough to remember (and if not, ask your granny), think back to the shortages of the late 60's and early 70's (before we joined the EEC/EU).

Sugar
medicines
Loo rolls
Road salt
Fuel
The latest "must have" Christmas toy (shows my age)
White goods
Electronics (and the price will increase)
Wine

..... are all ones that I remember as a kid, but there were many more.

My Grandfather bought a warehouse out in rural Hampshire back in the late 1930's to stock with hard to get items (mostly machine tool related, but it also included enough gin that they took 3 years to sell it off during WWII). My father eventually closed it down in 1976 after we had joined the EEC/EU as there would be no more shortages in his lifetime (which excluding coal in the mid 1980's so he was more or less correct)

I wonder what it would cost to set up the operation again .........

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Fray Bentos pies

classic33

Leg End Member
If you are old enough to remember (and if not, ask your granny), think back to the shortages of the late 60's and early 70's (before we joined the EEC/EU).

Sugar
medicines
Loo rolls
Road salt
Fuel
The latest "must have" Christmas toy (shows my age)
White goods
Electronics (and the price will increase)
Wine

..... are all ones that I remember as a kid, but there were many more.

My Grandfather bought a warehouse out in rural Hampshire back in the late 1930's to stock with hard to get items (mostly machine tool related, but it also included enough gin that they took 3 years to sell it off during WWII). My father eventually closed it down in 1976 after we had joined the EEC/EU as there would be no more shortages in his lifetime (which excluding coal in the mid 1980's so he was more or less correct)

I wonder what it would cost to set up the operation again .........
Bread and or flour, remember the end of 1974, nearly two years after we got in?

And September '77!

Last edited:
Top Bottom