Pannier bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clf

Any recommendation for pannier bags? my old altura ones are getting a little worn out. I'm looking for something properly waterproof, and easily cleanable, I commute in all weathers, The ability to carry a laptop would be useful.
I don't carry much other stuff day to day, just tools, underwear and a t-shirt most days, everything else gets left at work.
Thanks

I see you have some older altura panniers, I bought a pair of altura waterproof 40 litre jobbies from wiggle, they are pretty good although their waterproofness hasn't been tested as yet. one handed lift to get them off the rack so similar to ortlieb.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-sonic-40-waterproof-pannier/?sku=5360793752

red unavailable but green and black in stock. for £70, definitely an option

Reactions: clf

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Carradice 'Kendal' waxed cotton duck,

DSCN0179.JPG

:becool:

+1 ortlieb rollers, can't fault them, robust design and waterproof for 2 years so far. Quick release system so easy to do. Carried loads of shopping, including massive baguettes no problem for these.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Ortlieb. The Classic are minimalist without gubbins all over the place which makes them easy to clean.

Very waterproof. I use mine to transport goldfish home from village fairs in the summer.
+1 ...if anyone asks if my panniers are waterproof, i tend to say "so much so they can be used as a bucket"

I must have had mine for possibly 10 years now... one gets daily use, the other is hardly used. One is worn in but certainly not worn out. At the time they seemed expensive but I doubt I'll ever need to replace them. Money well spent.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ortliebs.
If you can wait, there are rare second hand bargains to be found on ebay.
Also, if you collect Tesco point, they are valid 3 times their amount at Evans, wait for a sale.
I got a pair of city rollers front ones (but I use them at the back no problems) on sale from Evans at something like £40 for a pair.
I paid around £ 6 by redeeming a couple of years Tesco vouchers.

gasinayr

Über Member
Foska.com have very good rucksack waterproof covers that fit pannier bags better that they fit rucksacks. Have used them for years. I still have a very good pair of Karrimor panniers that I bought 25 years ago, used the Foska covers with them so they look like new and very waterproof

Top Bottom