Pannier?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If possible, switch the pannier you use to even out wear and tear. My small ortleibs are symmetrical and can be used either side
Also, remember to pay extra care to tightening the rack bolts on the top on the pannier side and on the bottom on the opposite side because a single panner will always be trying to flip the rack off around the joint beneath it! ;)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I believe Wal*Mart owns Asda. I do go to Wal*Mart for some camping stuff and cycling supplies like cables and outers, but Aldi is still the champ as far as price. If they had panniers and cycling things over here as they do in Europe, I would buy them. What I have gotten at Aldi, what little we get, has been pretty good . Online is getting to be a bigger and bigger factor. Bike shops for the wealthy, co-op for the less so. I work in the co-op an hour or two a week. We sometimes even get used panniers in there.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I used to use one pannier for the commute, an old Schwinn I got marked 1/2 price at Wal*Mart (Like ASDA but tasteless) and threw a garbage bag in for waterproofing. I always had my pannier on curbside. When you ride single pannier, you've bid goodbye to the world of rules.
Beat me to it , any pannier is waterprof for the contents at least if you bung the contents in a plaggy bag

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[...] the one meeting your description of easy on/off is an old SJS single pannier with its hooks replaced by Ortleib QLs. [...]
Just to spite me because it knew I had just recommended it, the surprisingly sharp-edged back board of this has now cut through and popped out of the fabric along one side. So now I have to buy yet another single pannier (so I'm rereading this discussion for tips) or maybe I'll glue a back board into one of my stupidly large collection of satchels (they were a popular conference giveaway until about a decade ago) and cut two holes through the back to attach the QLs.

Top Bottom