1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panniers?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by ratty2k, 14 Oct 2007.

1. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Hello ratty2k. The link didn't work for me?

3. bianco

bianco New Member

Me neither

4. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

They sell them at Halfords. And a while ago they were doing 20% off panniers. don't know if they still are.

6. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

Ohh, sounds interesting!! Will have to pop there tomorrow after work.

7. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

They look pretty dodgy as panniers go. If you want something that is for more than just occasional use I would get a pair of Ortlieb panniers.

They cost a bit more than the ones you are look for, but are 100% waterproof and have the best fixing system of any panniers I have used.

8. Valiant

Valiant Senior Member

Another vote for Ortlieb, but if you're really on a budget, Mainstream MSX do some 100% waterproof ones for around £30. I submerged mine in the bath and stuck it under the shower. The paper inside was dry :biggrin:

Mainstream MSX

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Where you went wrong ratty2k in your original post is you copied and pasted the link using the url button, what you didn't do was knock out or delete 'http://' which means you ended up with two 'http://'.
    This is not a criticism, just a pointer.

Hope that helps. (Got me a few times to start with.)

10. ratty2k

ratty2k New Member

Ok, thanks for the tip Elmer!

Those Mainstream ones look promising, will have to have a look at some I think, and make a judgement for there.........

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

If Mister Paul tries to sell you a single-side pannier, make sure you haggle him down.
    He's had to buy two off wiggle even though he only wanted one and ever since then has been trying to flog one off.
    :biggrin:

12. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I tried to confuse a girl at the desk at in Halfords to let me buy a single pannier, to see if I liked it, but she cottoned on and was extremely gorgeous and mousy and pretty with a pierced nose, and so disarmed, I let her off

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I think Bonjy is obsessed with me.

14. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Bonj, what was that avatar you had, of a grumpy looking space cadet, with glasses on?

that was the best, and I how I truly imagined you to be

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Sorry to upset you Bonj, but I don't have a spare new pannier hanging around.

I've got an old Topeak one if you're interested.