Panniers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

It'll fit a D-lock in. And more. It's not very big, but might be too big for your requirements. I'll post a pic if you're interested.

This could be the making of a new Swopshop.

yeah go on then, i'll have a look?

I saw a pannier rack that had a D-Lock fitted in it very well.Unfortunately the Pannier Rack I have doesn't have a space to put my D-Lock like in a slot in kind of way.

Tubus do a carrier that takes a U lock:

2007_08_09_11_14_03_5.jpg

Alternatively use your present rack with the Abus "Ugh" bracket:

5484.jpg

This can be fitted inside the rack enabling a "U" lock to be carried without impairingthe ability to carry a pannier

bonj2

Actually, he's not finished. He's up the pole at the minute. So here you go

[pic]

It's a pretty well-made bag. Not very big, but with plenty of pockets. And it's got a waterproof cover zipped away underneath.

If you're interested pm me.

I'm not around in the day any more, as I've found a job where there's actually some work to do.

Hmmm... it looks a bit big for just a lock but a bit small for general use.
But looks nice though, cheers anyway :biggrin:

Cunobelin said:
Tubus do a carrier that takes a U lock:

2007_08_09_11_14_03_5.jpg
that looks quite good...

Cunobelin said:
Alternatively use your present rack with the Abus "Ugh" bracket:

5484.jpg

This can be fitted inside the rack enabling a "U" lock to be carried without impairingthe ability to carry a pannier

that's a bit much, at eighteen quid! and I can't see how it holds it.
Besides it claims to be ideal for rackets, I wouldn't want that as it would render my excuse to drive to squash invalid :ohmy: :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Well, made my choice, bought an Altura Arran 16L pannier. So far so good! Plenty large enough for my intended usage with some room to spare for slightly longer forrays further afield.
Some may remember me posting my Scott roady a while ago, well the roads are not good at all round here and some of my commute is on the Trans Pennine way and a canal tow path. Mountain bikes, while I love the ones I have are a bit slow and heavy etc round town. The full on roady was, I felt just a bit too delicate for my use (I'm not small!) and this (my new Kaffenback) fits the bill perfectly!!
Spec is- full campag Veloce (9sp), except the front mech which is an old record one- a normal one, it shifts on the compact chainset with NO issues.
Chainset is a Shimano Tiagra one- I like the Hollow tech XT ones on my MTB's and saw no reason for anything else to go on this. Mavic Askium wheel set £100 of roundness- and look pretty and seem to be strong enough, without being too heavy. Vredestien tyres, Premato CX ones. Oh, and Frogleg canti brakes- which despite canti's getting a lot of stick- do actually work quite well! They are never gonna match 200mm disc brakes, but hey its for going to work and back on!

Anyhoo.............
Here are the pics!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/1598079062_f51d9b8c10_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/1598077442_ec962da429_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/1598081480_56ae9e7f62_b.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Nope, I think the Uncle John is the deidcated crosser by Planet X. The Kaffenback (caff and back...) Is a bit of a mix- part roady and part cross. Suits me, didn't want or need the bike to be twitchy and I know its strong enough to do what I want- Brant says it'll do light off road of the kind I use it for. So much better on the roads than my MTB's but not poo on the tracks. My best bike? certainly the one i'll be spending most time on.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sounds like a good idea to me. I was idly considering a cross frame as a possibility, given that where I'm moving to (subject to contract) has lots of towpaths around and about - don't want to move entirely from the riding position etc of a road bike though, as road riding is something I want/need (for commuting) to carry on doing.

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Might be worth a look then, sounds like what you need..... Also £99 for the frame is a great price (+£35 for the forks)

OP
OP
R

ratty2k

Thanks for the tip, but I've hung it from there from the beginning, (just poser shots for the pics if its on the left!
Got knocked off in summer by an old chap. He drove into me in stationary traffic, I was in front of him stopped. He asked me where I'd come from, I never saw you........ I was stopped in front of him!!! Never mind, got a bent wheel and some scrapes- his bonnet was far worse off! So since then, and especially now its dark for my commute in the morning. 2 rear lights, and I just got a reflector for nowt from the LBS- while he fitted a new rear brake cable also for nothing! YEY!!!!

Top Bottom