Panorama, BBC1 tonight. 8.00pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
No doubt it will be more of the same motorist rants about cyclists and why we shouldn't be on the roads, should pay tax, ect ect..
But you never know, it might, just might be a bit more balanced in its content.

Baldy

Über Member
From the BBC? Don't hold your breath.

vickster

Legendary Member
There’s going to be a spot on the 1 o’clock BBC1 news in a bit too, presumably ahead of the programme this evening

Just finished watching it, with a cuppa! should have had a scotch. They really do pick their interviewees to paint a picture - topped off by the lumpen bigot Rod Liddle! What is the point??

Reactions: mjr

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I saw this was going to be on and immediately sighed. Had to switch Radio Norfolk off this morning as they were basically just inviting people on to have a pop a cyclists. I just don’t get what it is about the simple act of jumping on a bicycle that enrages so many Brits- it really is very odd.

At a guess, perhaps it’s jealousy. They’ve bought into this mythical freedom dream, egged on by ridiculous car ads, of empty, open roads and nothing in the way, spending absurd amounts of cash on vehicles they can’t afford, only to get stuck in gridlock. Then they spot us, whistling past them, wind in our hair, barely a care in the world, and they feel (quite rightly) they’ve been had. Shame.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just saw the trailer on the 6.00 news. Sums it up when they say "We (BBC) asked MOTORISTS ...... what they thought of cyclists...."
I'm hoping, but not with much confidence, that it will be more balanced than that.

Mike_P

Guru
5 Live Breakfast quite sensibly tried to turn the debate into responsible highway users v irresponsible highway users. Wasn't helped by a cyclist from Derby who had been knocked off his bike a few times saying that was all part of cycling:banghead:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I saw this as going to be on and immediately sighed. Had to switch Radio Norfolk off this morning as they were basically just inviting people on to have a pop a cyclists. I just don’t get what it is about the simple act of jumping on a bicycle that enrages so many Brits- it really is very odd.

At a guess, perhaps it’s jealousy. They’ve bought into this mythical freedom dream, egged on by ridiculous car ads, of empty, open roads and nothing in the way, spending absurd amounts of cash on vehicles they can’t afford, only to get stuck in gridlock. Then they spot us, whistling past them, wind in our hair, barely a care in the world, and they feel (quite rightly) they’ve been had. Shame.

And electric car drivers just sit there in the same traffic. Its not a magical new transport, nor is it that green, unlike cyclists.

We did a session about discrimination at work recently (not about your usual stuff) and it got me thinking, people just abuse cyclists cos they are cyclists. It's actually not on. :ohmy:

Top Bottom