Panorama, BBC1 tonight. 8.00pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We did a session about discrimination at work recently (not about your usual stuff) and it got me thinking, people just abuse cyclists cos they are cyclists. It's actually not on. :ohmy:

Yes. We are one of the few remaining "Out" groups that it is legal to harass, threaten, make crap jokes about etc ... even in the workplace.
The same perpetrators would almost all be making racist/sexist jokes if they thought they could.

(and yes, I know the latter are worse.)

Glow worm

Legendary Member
And electric car drivers just sit there in the same traffic. Its not a magical new transport, nor is it that green, unlike cyclists.

We did a session about discrimination at work recently (not about your usual stuff) and it got me thinking, people just abuse cyclists cos they are cyclists. It's actually not on. :ohmy:

Exactly. Electric cars aren’t here to save the planet, they’re here to save the motor industry.

tom73

Guru
Just watched it on iplayer not a bad go at trying to show the problems.
Too one sided on stats with nothing to counter act the survey findings.
Stand out point for me police found his bike wedged in a tree, driver at scene "I think i've hit two"
Charged with Careless driving nothing careless about not being bothered to look out the windscreen and killing two people.
That's the real problem as @fossyant says we get abuse just because we cycle and once on a bike we are seen as none human.
As for that newspaper hack he can go and do one.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Seen enough.
-Are you glad they ripped out the cyclie path he asks a driver stuck in gridlock -“ yeh cos it keep the traffic moving”:wacko:
-Driver - “That cyclist should be in the bus lane” - camera pans across to lane rammed with parked up buses.
The gammon is way too strong on this one.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not massively biased, but naturally included a range of opinionated characters. The end; a plea for better infrastructure, probably wouldn't have made much of a headline.

Mike_P

Guru
Maybe I should have sent in my video of two deciding to a red light. Myself and another cyclist muttered about the car drivers concerned.

tom73

Guru
People just need to be sensible and think of others if you ask me

Sadly we live in country that when KFC ran out of chicken some phoned the police.
The market trader in her van pointing out the empty bike lanes. This does happen a lot where people say that nobody is using them.

It looked like the end of the day no one was around what’s she expect ?

Started watching the programme but gave up due to the usual comments. Do these anti cyclists have issues with Motor cyclists aswell? Or just cyclists because of the slower speeds?

Top Bottom