Paper Towels or Electric Blowers?

Paper Towels or Electric Blowers?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
I absolutely hate those electric blowers, they take forever to actually dry your hands. Compare these to a good paper towel which will do the job in a couple of seconds.

I say they should be banned altogether. They even have the nerve to make environmental claims on little labels on the tops of most of them, how can this be? Just think of all the energy used in manufacturing plus that consumed in usage.

The only ones I have used that are any good are those new super blowers which have the power of Hurricane Katrina, at least they have some novelty value, the pathetically underpowered ones that feel like someone if just breathing on you make me want to smash them, hard, with a very heavy object.

Cab

Neither. I like those old fashioned pull out cloth towel things better than either. That or the back of my trousers.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tried the new Dyson version of the hand-blower...much improved.
But paper towels are better...unless....you need to dry some sodden/frozen gloves whilst cycling from Clapham to Portsmouth on a white winters day....then hot air blowers are a life-saver!

ChrisKH

Guru
There's a new dryer on the market which sounds like a plane taking off and dries your hands in about 10 seconds. It probably won't be that green though.

SamNichols

The Dyson hand dryer is a revolution. Knowing Dyson it'll break down pretty quick, but they are pretty dry after about 1.5 seconds.
Not as good as rubbing your hands on the back of your jeans though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I prefer a blower. There is never any paper left when you want it, and those roller towels have often been used by people who have had a shoot or engaged in some sort of sexual activity in a cubical and not rinsed their hands properly.

U

User482

There was actually a life cycle assessment that concluded that hand dryers are more environmentally friendly. It was commissioned by a hand dryer company though!

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's generally the front of my coat for me... But prefer paper towels to standing with my hands under something producing either a stream of air similar to an asthmatic vole sneezing or the backwash from a Jumbo Jet.. Either way, they never really dry my hands properly.

gavintc

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i lost my wedding ring due to an under powered blower. ended up with slippery wet hands, shaking them to dry them and it disappeared.

if you found one like it at rudyard lake (where top gear did the car boat thingy) it's mine!

I am sure your wife believed that story:biggrin::biggrin: Honest dear, it just slid off in the Gents toilets and no I could not find it anywhere. That girl was just helping me look for it. Honest.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
gavintc said:
I am sure your wife believed that story:biggrin::biggrin: Honest dear, it just slid off in the Gents toilets and no I could not find it anywhere. That girl was just helping me look for it. Honest.

the girl had accidentally walked into the wrong cubicle, though she'd sat on something that might be the ring so she asked if i'd have a feel about as she only had short arms. so i felt obliged to use something longer than my finger to make sure i didn't miss it :biggrin:

Top Bottom