Para cycling fatality in Rio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...llowing-crash-rio-paralympic-road-race-284841
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/iranian-paralympic-cyclist-dies-after-road-race-crash/
and many more very similar reports based on either the press release or the AP report.

Not really many more details. Was it televised? It would be good to know how this tragedy happened.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Very sad. But after watching the crashes in the mountain stretches during the Olympics this does not come as a complete surprise.

He may have died doing what he loved but on a course like that we could have had multiple deaths and people would then be asking how the course was ever allowed to be used.

A couple of cartloads of straw bales could have solved the dangerous drainage channels that offer sharp concrete edges to any cyclist sliding on a mountain corner.

iandg

Legendary Member
Very sad. But after watching the crashes in the mountain stretches during the Olympics this does not come as a complete surprise.

He may have died doing what he loved but on a course like that we could have had multiple deaths and people would then be asking how the course was ever allowed to be used.

The 'controversial' parts of the Olympic RR route were not used.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
A couple of cartloads of straw bales could have solved the dangerous drainage channels that offer sharp concrete edges to any cyclist sliding on a mountain corner.
This was my initial reaction. I started a thread with similar comment after Annies crash. However it seems that these sections were not part of Bahmans route.

Condolences to his family and friends.

U

User6179

The crash was on the flat near the finish, I saw it but never realised it was fatal , a coming together with another rider , nothing to do with the course .
Reports saying the rider died of a Heart attack .

Top Bottom