Para cycling fatality in Rio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The crash was on the flat near the finish, I saw it but never realised it was fatal , a coming together with another rider , nothing to do with the course .
Reports saying the rider died of a Heart attack .
Heart attack after crashing though? Reports seemed to say it was on the first hill circuit but if it was just a typical peloton pile-up then I think everyone knows about them about as well as we ever will and not much extra can be learnt.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The crash was on the flat near the finish, I saw it but never realised it was fatal , a coming together with another rider , nothing to do with the course .
Reports saying the rider died of a Heart attack .
As there doesn't appear to have been any other televised coverage than the finish line, are you sure you haven't confused Bahman's accident with the crash between Dementyev and Donohoe?

Slick

Guru
Lost a leg from the Iraq Iran war. Imagine surviving that, to loose your life cycling, all be it at the highest level. Jackie Stewart didn't assume it was inevitable that if you competed at the highest level death was almost inevitable.

Condolences to all that knew him.

U

User6179

As there doesn't appear to have been any other televised coverage than the finish line, are you sure you haven't confused Bahman's accident with the crash between Dementyev and Donohoe?

Maybe ,I saw it on twitter and it said the guy died later in hospital , in the crash you mention did one of them get knocked out and the other ran to the line without his bike ?

3narf

For whom the bell dings
It's a terribly sad thing.

I agree; fatalities in any particular event shouldn't be considered inevitable. However, I think on the whole, fatalities in sport are inevitable...

RIP

Top Bottom