Paris - Nice (*Spoiler*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
Fantastic ride from Wiggins in the rain, taking the corners easy and only a second off. Storming.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Good result for Wiggo: 20 seconds up on Tony Martin.:thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Larsson followed by Wiggins then Leipheimer - all only separated by a couple of seconds, so this probably won't make a lot of difference by the end... Martin is still not looking on race form yet.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wiggo went well. He's looking good and talking confidently. Given Evans' age, Contador's absence and the Schlecks' inability to time trial he must be fancying his chances in the TdF this year.

tigger

Über Member
Great performance by Wiggins in the rain. I do think Wiggins looks fantastic on a TT bike. His position looks spot on and that pedal stroke is mesmerising.

That performance was a real marker I think... (tempted to end with a gratuitous use of questions marks.)

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
That performance was a real marker I think... (tempted to end with a gratuitous use of questions marks.)

Long way to go until the tour, anything could happen. It's good that he's staying away from the Classics this year, there's little for him to gain there, but a lot for him to lose...

Keith Oates

Janner
A good performance from Wiggins in the conditions when he got underway. I hope he can also do well for the rest of this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, unexpectedly for a pretty flat stage, the wind has already caused a significant selection today - with a 21-man lead group containing Wiggins, Leipheimer, Valverde, Rojas, Chavanel and Van Gaderen, but not Larsson or Martin.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Degenkolb is also in that front group, and by far the strongest sprinter - I am going for the big German for the win if this group stays together, with competition from Boonen. However there are still a few who might try to break the group further towards the end. Wiggins has Thomas with him, which is ideal. But Omega have Chavanel, Boonen and Leipheimer.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Boonen takes it - he is definitely on form for the classics if he can hold off a pure sprinter like Degenkolb... more importantly for the overall, Wiggins in the lead now.

Top Bottom