Paris-Nice *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Anyone else have to think twice when Robbie Hatch mentions...
Tom á Veau Claire?

raindog

er.....
Crikey, that was frantic stuff.
Completely soulless finish on a bloody great open motor circuit with no public though. Wonder whose bright idea that was?

fimm

Veteran
I'm sure I've seen a clip of a race finish on a motor circuit before - it could have been Paris-Nice, but it could equally well have been some other race (though given that I was watching it, it must have been a fairly major race, if you see what I mean).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm sure I've seen a clip of a race finish on a motor circuit before - it could have been Paris-Nice, but it could equally well have been some other race (though given that I was watching it, it must have been a fairly major race, if you see what I mean).
Yep, may have been in the Tour in the last year or two.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I don't remember a race track finish but I do recall there was a TdF stage a couple of years ago that had a short but steep climb up to a plateau where there was an airfield, with the finish on the runway.

Edit: found it - 2010, stage 12, Mende Airfield, won by Purito in a sprint against Contador. And the final climb is known as the Montée Laurent Jalabert since he won there in 1995.

Top Bottom