Paris-Nice *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
GT did well to hang on for 4th on that terrible ramp. Great riding from Betancur.

The Couch

Über Member
And ..... Andy Schleck is still in it.
If he could improve a bit, he can still turn into a somewhat decent domestique ;)
(like the water bringer or the one to absorb the wind for the first 100K)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Betancur looking ominously good for someone who is still a couple of pounds over his race weight... Thomas did exceptionally well, but he seems to have the same issue as Wiggins (another ex-trackie, of course) with the very steep stuff. That hasn't stopped Wiggins from winning major stage races of course, but I wonder whether Sky would really go all out for Thomas in the same way...

After saying I wasn't that impressed with the parcours, I've enjoyed the last couple of stages. In theory at least, Thomas could still get the win if he gets time bonuses etc. However, in practice, I don't think the result is now any more in doubt than if it had been a longer mountain finish and Betancur had minutes instead of seconds over Thomas - assuming his team plays it sensibly on the final stage.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Rui Costa looking strong but not as strong as Betancur. Nice win for Slagter.

Nibali seems spectacularly uninterested in this race.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Seriously I'm a little disappointed in him and a bit frustrated. He's plainly got the potential but this must be the third time or more I can recall, when he's fallen in a good position.

Yeah, I agree. Poor descending skills seems to be another thing he shares with Wiggins...

I've been very impressed with Slagter at the start of this season.

Top Bottom