Paris-Nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

The best news is that the second stage ( Monday) is finishing in my home town of Orleans. ^_^
And tomorrow's stage passes nearby my house. All the signs are out, and I must admit to being quite buzzed by it. I've decided to watch on TV rather than go and watch them pass - there's just too many local climbs I want to see them do, and local villages I want to see them go through. They'll pass by my place around 1pm UK time.

Last edited:

yello

Just looking at the route for tomorrow, they're doing my favourite climb in the region - la col du Peyroux. It's not steep (2.8km @ 5.2%) but it's a lovely climb (in either direction) and they're doing it from my preferred direction from La Celle-Dunnoise, a very scenic village nestled in a valley by the Creuse river.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Of course I watched it today but to fair, they tend to show close up of riders and loads of tarmac so I only have a slight idea of where exactly they actually finished. It certainly wasn't in the town centre. I was looking for road signs in the last 10 miles but they were either blured or too far away to be able to read them. I will video call one of my brothers tomorrow and ask him to fill me in.
Because Orleans is close to Paris ( 75 miles) it is rarely used as a stage finish but I remember it as a starting stage back in 1965 I think when I watched the TdF riders from a bridge on their way to Paris. My favorite rider, Jacques Anquetil was on the way to winning his 5th TdF.

yello

Aarrgh! It's not on (terrestrial) télé until 2:30 here. I'm not going to be able to watch them as I wanted. I just assumed it'd be on the box for the entire stage. Now, do I go down there or carry on with my gardening until 2:30?

yello

I might not have gotten to see them live but the local rag took some excellent photos....

62278d617c0741f8408b4584.jpg

62278ce978fda3472f8b457b.jpg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Aarrgh! It's not on (terrestrial) télé until 2:30 here. I'm not going to be able to watch them as I wanted. I just assumed it'd be on the box for the entire stage. Now, do I go down there or carry on with my gardening until 2:30?
Record it, do your gardening till whenever then watch :okay: Or see it live (very briefly) :okay:

Mike_P

Guru
Future quiz question, in the 2022 Paris Nice what change to their kit did Jumbo Visma make (Answer - initially they had riders first names on the helmets)

Top Bottom